Villagio
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Painting Update

+10
TD
sswillow
Yasser
lad1ljc
marcelleqb
PaulC
terry
nardin
H.
Admin
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Painting Update - Page 2 Empty Re: Painting Update

Post  Yasser Sat May 23, 2009 8:47 pm

Tom,

I agree with you, the white is indeed too white Smile. I don't remember seeing this bright white as an option displayed during the trial phases. Where did this come from?

I was also under the impression that the base will be a little darker then what was initially laid out, however I don't find it any darker. Any idea what happened there?

I apologise if this is already discussed/answered. There are too many threads on this topic and it is hard to follow all of them.

Have a great long weekend!

Regards,
-Yasser

Yasser

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue May 26, 2009 2:47 am

Yasser wrote:Tom,

I agree with you, the white is indeed too white Smile. I don't remember seeing this bright white as an option displayed during the trial phases. Where did this come from?

I was also under the impression that the base will be a little darker then what was initially laid out, however I don't find it any darker. Any idea what happened there?

I apologise if this is already discussed/answered. There are too many threads on this topic and it is hard to follow all of them.

Have a great long weekend!

Regards,
-Yasser

Hi Yasser,

Yes, this was the last combination that came out of the meeting with the color consultant. When you say base, do you mean the bottom section? If so, I don't think we were going for something darker.

Take care!
Tom
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://villagiohoa.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Painting Update - Page 2 Empty awnings

Post  jeanmarlowe Wed May 27, 2009 9:18 pm

I think the Board should take a second look and see if the paint job of the awnings look good. In my opinion, you can see the unevenness of the paint job on the old awnings from different angles. It looks like we are using recycle materials. Also the color of the awning is bring down the whole paint job on the building. We should consider black or any other color to give the building some snap. It is just too dull for the the new colors we are using now. Take a look at our old awnings -green- and you will see there is some perkiness that they bring to the complex. I rather speak up now and hope the board can see what I am saying so they can make changes before the painters move on to building 2.
thanks
Jean Marlowe

jeanmarlowe

http://www.jeanmarlowe.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed May 27, 2009 10:44 pm

Hi Jean,

I was out there today also and took some pictures. At first I thought the painting was uneven but now after looking at the photos, I think the issue might be the stains that would not come out. Regardless it looks pretty poor. I'm sending a note to the other board members and Peachtree now. I'll also try to speak to the manager tomorrow but I'm busy with work tomorrow and may not be able to get back in time before they leave.

Take care,
Tom

Painting Update - Page 2 548064232_9RnUo-X2

Painting Update - Page 2 548064766_MEPAZ-X2

Painting Update - Page 2 548064487_kzWm2-X2
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Painting Update - Page 2 Empty Awnings

Post  trebor Wed May 27, 2009 11:14 pm

I agree with Jean that the awnings are not looking good with the green paint. Some awnings are stained even worse than the ones that have just been painted. I know replacing the awnings was an option but not as cost effective as painting them. I bet new awnings would have more of a sheen and hopefully make more people happy with the color.
trebor
trebor

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu May 28, 2009 8:01 pm

Check out the awnings on the left side as you look into the courtyard. They received a second coat today and look MUCH better. The ones on the right side have only one coat so those are not complete.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Painting Update - Page 2 Empty Railings?

Post  proxima Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:38 pm

The major part of the paining for our building, 450, was completed last week. But the railings have still yet to be painted. It looks as if the painters have moved on now to another building, so we can we expect the railings to be done so I can move my balcony stuff back out of the garage.

proxima

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:09 pm

the vendor is waiting on some special paint so it will be another week. I'll talk to the vendor tomorrow to find out if residents can put their balcony furniture back out.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Painting Update - Page 2 Empty Tan color scheme. So it this bright white just a primer coat?

Post  Italia Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:12 pm

I am confused by the bright white color on the majority of the buildings being painted. Is this a primer coat.
I was expecting to see a tan color scheme with tan and taupe. However I am seeing a bright white color on the largest portion of the building which of course is not a tan scheme and would show dirt faster than any color. I don't see anything tan about the bright white color so I hope this is a primer.
Please respond as I don't recall any discussion about using white.

THanks

Italia

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:47 pm

Hi,

So last time you asked about this, I posted a picture. They are the same colors. That "white" is Swiss Coffee. The others are Malibu Beige and Chadwick.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2