Villagio
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Painting Update

+10
TD
sswillow
Yasser
lad1ljc
marcelleqb
PaulC
terry
nardin
H.
Admin
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Painting Update Empty Painting Update

Post  Admin Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:04 pm

We have lots of threads about painting, so I took the "Announcement" status off the last poll thread since this message will be the latest update.

I finally received an update from Peachtree today. As mentioned in the previous thread we have tweaked the last, I'll call it tan scheme, to a lighter shade for the body and a tope base and pop out with a green accent. The painter will try the new colors on a different section on building 450 in order not to have any underlying colors taint the results. When, this will happen is not clear.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://villagiohoa.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Painting Update Empty Re: Painting Update

Post  H. Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:42 pm

I find it extremely disappointing that the Board decided to disregard the wishes of 78% of those who voted in the poll and wanted the original or some flavor of the current colors.

Instead, the 20% who wanted a big change carry the day, and the rest of us will just have to deal with the earth tones the BoD wants.

So much for representative democracy at Villagio.

It's a mystery why a poll was taken, if the results weren't even a factor in the decision. Silly me, I thought the board would weight the poll results heavily.

Helen

H.

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:00 am

I completely disagree with you.

You are distorting one poll and completely ignoring a second one just to try and justify your opinion. Only 38% wanted the same colors, everyone else wanted a change. The only question is in what direction and how bold of a change it would be.

We first started with this.

Painting Update 468443407_CRqi4-XL-2

We then took the first poll. It was clear that the majority did NOT like this scheme. So what did the board do? We asked the painter for a different color scheme that was more like what we had.

Painting Update 480005475_MLjbE-X2

The main color is light, similiar to what we have.

We received mixed opinions on this combination. So we tried again and came up with this.

Painting Update 486315741_XJUBT-XL

Again we had mixed opinions on the result. At that point board felt that we may need a different professional who we should seek advice from, who wasn't affiliated with the painter. After listening to the forum and homeowners who came to the board meetings, we came up with this. (There were 2 different swatches posted on this forum before we painted)

Painting Update 504725545_D3b64-L

We presented these colors and ran another poll. Which a majority seems to like. However, like the poll said, the scheme may need some tweaks. We took the feedback on more contrast, a lighter main color and a different accent color and came up with a new scheme, which isn't even painted yet.

So I ask you, did the board NOT take input from homeowners??
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  nardin Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:08 am

Total sour grapes by Helen.

nardin

Back to top Go down

Painting Update Empty New paint colors

Post  terry Sat May 02, 2009 10:20 pm

I happen to be one of the individuals who voted to keep the original color scheme. Personally I like the colors and do not believe they are dated but rather reflective of a more Mediterranean look and feel. (but than again I still listen to Duran Duran). However, with that said, I support the new color choice 100% and look forward to new paint and clean buildings.

I remember the last time the buildings were painted, there was no choice, no conversation, no forum for feedback. The painter showed up one day and started painting.

I appreciate the efforts the Board and Tom have taken to solicit and listen to homeowner feedback. I appreciated the added effort and time that was given to adjust the colors as feedback was received.
Had the board not taken these extra steps we may have ended up with a color scheme that may not have been well received. It will be impossible to achieve 100% agreement and alignment with something so personal a color. However, I personally believe my input was heard, and want to thank all those involved for their efforts.

terry

Back to top Go down

Painting Update Empty Nice Post Tom!

Post  PaulC Sun May 03, 2009 1:50 pm

That is a very representative history of the painting effort. As has been stated many times, this is a decision that not everyone will agree with, however, significant effort was made to get opinions in different ways. I think the complex will look great once the painting is complete!
PaulC
PaulC

Back to top Go down

Painting Update Empty new colors

Post  marcelleqb Mon May 04, 2009 1:58 pm

Until recently, I voted consistently for the pinks, mostly because I didn't like the yellows/browns being suggested. Realizing that I'm not the only person living here and that compromises have to be made, I looked around for alternatives. I suggested to the board that they replace the bottom, garage level pink with a taupe - a neutral color. I pointed out one new nice looking condo complex that was already painted using this color with our pinks (I'm referring to the main building body and the pop out color) and another nice looking building using taupe with a cream color. The board looked at my suggestions and decided to go in the direction of the taupe/cream scheme. I feel that I was listened to and that the board did consider my opinion fully. I missed most of the meeting where the final decision was made in regards to the colors but was able to see the swatches picked. I think that the final colors will look nice. I'm not 100% in love with the choices, but I'm not the only one living here. I can say that I am 85% happy with the choices and if most of us can be that happy then we've reached a compromise.

marcelleqb

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon May 04, 2009 7:13 pm

So our vendor was on site today beginning the prep. They powerwashed the walls and awnings and caulked cracks. They hope to have the whole building prepped by the end of this week. They will paint the latest color scheme somewhere in the courtyard for us to review. Assuming everything looks good and we like the colors as much as we liked it on the swatches, we will give the green light.

A few pics...

Painting Update 528490737_d3Qs5-XL

...and my hosting company is having issues....I'll try to post the rest of my pics later tonight.

oh... apparently the power washing didn't work that great on some of the awnings, so they ordered some special cleaner that's ph safe but should get rid of the mold.

more to come soon...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue May 05, 2009 1:55 am

Okay, I signed up for a new hosting company since my current one is still down.

Here are a couple of examples of the prep.

Painting Update P1020562

Painting Update P1020560

If you live in building 450 and you notice any cracks please post a picture here and describe where it is. Mark the Field Operations Manager gave me his cell number so I can address anything quickly.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  lad1ljc Tue May 05, 2009 7:22 pm

I'm new to the threads about new building color, and I'm sorry to report that when I looked at those posted pictures and explanations I get no clear idea what the proposed color schemes are.

Chern

lad1ljc

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue May 05, 2009 8:09 pm

I can totally understand that its difficult to figure out what colors were reviewed when at this point. You'd have to very carefully go back and read each post and figure out when it was written. As far as the "latest" at this point; we're waiting on the painter to actually put them up on the wall.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue May 05, 2009 8:13 pm

lad1ljc wrote:I'm new to the threads about new building color, and I'm sorry to report that when I looked at those posted pictures and explanations I get no clear idea what the proposed color schemes are.

Chern

I'm sorry did you mean my post above, that tries to give the summary?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Painting Update Empty Satellite Dish Mounted on Walls

Post  Yasser Thu May 07, 2009 5:17 pm

Tom,

I noticed few homeowners have mounted Satellite Dish either on the wall, on the patio iron railings, and/or on the window railings facing the courtyard. I am not sure if it is allowed/legal but is there any plan to have them remove so the painters don't miss any spot?

Thanks,
-Yasser

Yasser

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu May 07, 2009 6:00 pm

Hi Yasser,

We had some discussions on this already and we haven't finalized it yet but my personal opinion is that the satelite dishes are a bit of an eyesore. We certainly want to make sure that the painting does not get impeded by the dishes. I also noticed that one of the communities near us painted the dishes and they seem to blend with the buildings more.

We are still trying to work out the process and understand all the liabilities but ideally the dishes would be taken down for the painting and then painted to match the buildings so they dont stand out as much.

Take care,
Tom

Last edited by Admin on Thu May 07, 2009 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Yasser Thu May 07, 2009 6:27 pm

Tom,

Can you confirm if it is allowed to mount satellite dish on the wall or on the window railings facing the courtyard and then drill a hole on the external wall to bring in the cable?

Thanks,
-Yasser

Yasser

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu May 07, 2009 7:15 pm

Yasser wrote:Tom,

Can you confirm if it is allowed to mount satellite dish on the wall or on the window railings facing the courtyard and then drill a hole on the external wall to bring in the cable?

Thanks,
-Yasser

I believe in certain situations it may be approved. I'm going off of memory but the way it was explained to me was that there are some laws which prevent us from not allowing dish users to get a signal. Meaning we can't enforce a rule which would prevent a user from getting a signal if that's the only way they have reception. Unfortunetly this isn't such a black or white thing. BTW for the record, I have cable. Laughing

As far as the drilling. Even people who mount their dishes on the balcony, drill a hole through the wall for the cable.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  marcelleqb Tue May 12, 2009 8:12 pm

I have a dish on my railing in the courtyard because I can't get a signal any other way. The dish is mounted with brackets that would be quite easy to paint around. Last time they painted, they painted around and through the bracket. The satellite company used flat cables to pass through the window. I asked the satellite company and they said that painting the dish is fine, as long as you don't paint the part that is pointing at the dish - the receiver part. Last I heard, it is not allowed to attach or drill any holes into the exterior walls of the complex. The alternative to not having dishes on railings is to put a rail on the roof and let people mount the dishes there, or put one dish and everyone pulls from the single dish (or more if you have more than one company to represent).

marcelleqb

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed May 13, 2009 4:50 pm

So just to update folks on the progress.

Our vendor painted the latest colors. Here it is....if you want to see them in person, go to the courtyard of building 450. I recommend you see it in person since the pictures may not be a good representation.

My personal opinion is that the base (lowest level/darkest color) is not the same as what we agreed on during the last meeting nor the pop-out color. I do like the dark green for the trim. The white is....well....WHITE and bright. Maybe a bit too white....but the painter added additional off-white samples and they don't look right to me.

Painting Update 535782647_Lx5u9-X2

Painting Update 535781512_WVtAS-X2

Painting Update 535781447_bBAu8-X2
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  marcelleqb Thu May 14, 2009 12:50 pm

I'm not a fan of the new patches that the painter painted. The bottom color does look tan, and I'd prefer it be a little darker and more taupe/grey, but to be honest, I can live with this scheme. The white is bright, but I prefer it to the tans we've seen. I'm not a fan of the greens, (Starbucks, anyone?) but I can live with it. Basically, I don't hate this look, whereas I did hate the way the tans looked.

marcelleqb

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu May 14, 2009 12:54 pm

Hi Marcelle,

Do you think the white will age well? Since its so tidy-whitey Razz perhaps after it gets a little dirty, will
it have a nice off white tone to it?

Regards!
Tom
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  marcelleqb Thu May 14, 2009 1:06 pm

I don't think the white will look any different than any other color. The dirt around here is black so it's going to stain what ever color you have. If you look at other complexes, no matter what the color, there are black stains on all the colors.

marcelleqb

Back to top Go down

Painting Update Empty Re: Painting

Post  sswillow Thu May 14, 2009 3:30 pm

I totally feel the same as Marcelle, I can live with it. It's very neutral. I like that the yellowish tone is gone. Any light tone will show the dirt as it ages, I don't think we should worry so much about that. It will look bright and new for a while. By the way, I was an original liker of mauve or peach tones. I will be sad to see the colors change to what I consider drab, but I'll get over it. Smile
Sandra

sswillow

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu May 14, 2009 5:55 pm

Thanks for the feedback!

We'll be discussing the colors tonight during the meeting. I'm not exactly sure on next steps until after the board talks. These colors did not turn out like we wanted and there seems to be two camps. Good enough as a compromise versus tweak it one more time.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TD Thu May 14, 2009 8:40 pm

I too agree, I can live with it, It's neutral. I like the originalcolor better but understand the majority view. BTW thanks for the process and soliciting feedback.

TD

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun May 17, 2009 1:50 pm

Appreciate the comment, TD.

The board made a decision and posted it on top as an announcement. Just want to make sure everyone sees it.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next