Villagio
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MailBoxes 445 Milan broken into/tampered with...again

3 posters

Go down

MailBoxes 445 Milan broken into/tampered with...again Empty MailBoxes 445 Milan broken into/tampered with...again

Post  TD Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:46 am

It appears the mailboxes at 445 Milan were either broken into or tampered with sometime between Dec 4th - Dec 7th.
On the upper left corner it appears someone tried to pry the boxes open, and the main door is lose.
I am also missing mail.
We've contacted the post office and postal inspector.

TD

Back to top Go down

MailBoxes 445 Milan broken into/tampered with...again Empty Re: MailBoxes 445 Milan broken into/tampered with...again

Post  Admin Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:50 pm

Thanks for the heads up. I'll ask peachtree to post another flyer warning folks.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://villagiohoa.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

MailBoxes 445 Milan broken into/tampered with...again Empty Re: MailBoxes 445 Milan broken into/tampered with...again

Post  TD Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:17 pm

The post office issued a work order to repair the mailbox.

TD

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:22 am

We are working with a vendor to try and come up with a way to better secure the mailboxes. One idea is to install a locking bar over the areas where a pry bar can be used. This will need to be installed with the post offices cooperation. Unfortunetely it won't solve the issue if the thieves have the keys. That is owned by the post office.

I'm hoping to get a recommendation from the vendor by the next board meeting.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://villagiohoa.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

MailBoxes 445 Milan broken into/tampered with...again Empty Missing mail from 450 Navaro

Post  proxima Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:48 pm

I might be a just a little paranoid, but I received no mail last Friday (Dec. 17) and Saturday (Dec. 18). I have mail free days about once every 2 months, but two days in a row at Christmas time just ain't right. Having had one UPS package stolen off of my doorstep and other similar reports from a couple of the other buildings I suspect the mail-burglar has struck again. Anyone else at 450 get hit on those days?

proxima

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down