Villagio
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

neighborhood going to the dogs

2 posters

Go down

neighborhood going to the dogs Empty neighborhood going to the dogs

Post  marcelleqb Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:58 am

At 6:45am I was woken up again by some ill behaved dogs shrilly barking. At 7:45am another dog started up. This place used to be nice and quiet, now all I hear are dogs barking all day long. I see our lawns being ruined by dog pee. I've tried to be understanding about puppies and new dogs getting used to a new home, but this is getting out of hand. Now it's become owners who are deliberately violating city laws by not walking the dogs on leashes, doing nothing to stop them from barking, or leaving little packages for others to find. The HOA needs to deal with these bad dog owners. To everyone else who has good, well behaved dogs, thank you for being good owners and training your dogs.

marcelleqb

Back to top Go down

neighborhood going to the dogs Empty Re: neighborhood going to the dogs

Post  Admin Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:01 pm

I sense this is going to be a tough one to deal with. There's a HOA meeting tomorrow that you may want to attend and submit your concern. There was a story a few months ago on TV about an HOA that actually had dog owners register their pets with the HOA with pictures in order to obtain some sort of a license. I thought it was idiotic and went over the top.

I honestly don't know what the HOA could or should do. If my neighbor's dog woke me up on a regular basis, I would have a conversation with the dog's owner. If the owner told me to screw off, I'd call the police next time the dog makes too much noise during quiet hours. With a police report and a complaint the HOA could send a letter to the occupant/pet owner. Not sure what else we could do.

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://villagiohoa.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  marcelleqb Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:18 pm

I think the HOA should issue a letter telling people that if they have dogs they need to make sure they are not bothering the neighbors. And I would think that after spending money on lawn renovation there'd be more concern over the grass being damaged. When I first moved here I believe there were rules regarding pets, like the number allowed and a maximum weight of 15 lbs.

marcelleqb

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down