Villagio
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Disconnecting water to my unit

4 posters

Go down

Disconnecting water to my unit Empty Disconnecting water to my unit

Post  Admin Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:24 am

Does anyone know how I can shut off the water to my unit?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://villagiohoa.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Disconnecting water to my unit Empty Shut off valve to water

Post  Melanie Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:54 pm

I,m not sure where your shut off valve is, but mine is outside of my garage door. There is a flat piece of metal covering the plumming and it is in the stucco wall.

Melanie

Back to top Go down

Disconnecting water to my unit Empty Turning off water to our unit

Post  pandut Mon May 04, 2015 11:28 pm

Hi, we are trying to turn off water to our unit but not sure where to find the valve. According to the previous posts in this thread, it should be the valve next to our garage door, which is this one here:  Disconnecting water to my unit Amnv4s11

We've tried turning that valve off, but when we checked, water is still running in our unit.

Could anyone confirm if this is indeed the water valve? How long should we wait until the water is off (assuming that is the correct valve)?

Thanks.

pandut

Back to top Go down

Disconnecting water to my unit Empty Re: Disconnecting water to my unit

Post  Admin Mon May 04, 2015 11:34 pm

That looks different then mine so I'm not sure. It's been a while since I needed to shut off the water but there was some residual water in the pipes for a few minutes after shutting off the valve.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://villagiohoa.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  pandut Tue May 05, 2015 12:35 am

Hi Tom, thanks for your reply. We tried the second time turning that valve off, but water still ran in our unit. We waited for 4 minutes but the flow of water from our kitchen faucet and bathroom faucet were constant - not showing any sign of running out Sad

pandut

Back to top Go down

Post  jeanmarlowe Wed May 06, 2015 7:08 pm

Our turn off valve is a behind a flap on the wall right beside the garage door and I just recently had to turn it off for a toilet repair. The water cuts off fairly quickly. I do remember the first time I had to turn off the water some years back that it took a lot of turning. The person who had opened the valve had done it to the extreme, so I was turning that valve quite a bit before it actually cut off the water. Are you sure you are turning the valve in the right direction?

jeanmarlowe

http://www.jeanmarlowe.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down