Villagio
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Air condition/cooling unit

+3
jwong121
hyukicap
cmyslinski
7 posters

Go down

Air condition/cooling unit Empty Air condition/cooling unit

Post  cmyslinski Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:38 pm

Recently my Air Conditioner stopped working. I hear the motor hum, but no air. I have the original papers on it, and it is called Hydronic Coil/Air Handler Unit. I've seen Air Conditioning Trucks around in the past. Anyone have names of reliable company to use? These aren't regular Air Conditioners. I was told they are similar to the kind they use in the southwest called "Swamp Coolers".

cmyslinski

Back to top Go down

Air condition/cooling unit Empty Re: Air condition/cooling unit

Post  hyukicap Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:53 pm

Hi there,
I also need to fix my AC, and it's tricky to find somebody knowledgeable about our unique system. I wonder if you were able to fix your problem; Could you share your experience, whom you used and how things were done,price, & etc?
Thank you so much,
jerry

hyukicap

Back to top Go down

Air condition/cooling unit Empty SJ Air Conditioning

Post  jwong121 Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:48 pm

As part of my home inspection process, I engaged Eddie from SJ Air Conditioning to take a look at the AC unit. He seems knowledgeable of our unique system. Here's his information.

Eddie - 408 595 0810 or 408 286 2047

Hope this helps!

jwong121

Back to top Go down

Post  TD Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:34 am

Thanks for the referral. To avoid any future AC issues, we contacted Eddie from SJ Air Conditioning to request a maintenance check. You are right he is very knowledge about our AC units. He did an extensive diagnostic test of our AC, made a few adjustments and our AC is almost like new. His rates are very reasonable and customer service outstanding

TD

Back to top Go down

Post  jwong121 Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:00 pm

Outstanding! I'm glad the referral was helpful.

jwong121

Back to top Go down

Air condition/cooling unit Empty RE: A/C UNITS

Post  MMARS Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:01 pm

Does anyone know where exactly are the A/C condensing units are located? Are they outside somewhere? Apparently the system is charged with refrigerant liquid.
The documentation that I have says the fan motor needs annual oiling and your supposed to clean the inside of the unit & keep the condenser coil clean and free of anything that restricts free air flow, just like the coils on your refrigerator. Also some people suggested that the water heater valves that lead to the Hydronic Fan Coil for winter heating need to be turned off for Summer Cooling. Not sure if this is true? (1st) there is no mention anywhere of doing that in any documentation or in the garage where the system is. (2nd) When the A/C system (National Comfort Products) condensing unit has a "call for cooling" will start the outdoor fan motor and compressor circuit. The indoor unit blower motor will then turn on (Hydronic Fan inside the garage I assume) but it would not make scene that it triggers the hot water heater to circulate warm water when the A/C is operating? I was going to contact the mfg for more info and understanding.

MMARS

Back to top Go down

Air condition/cooling unit Empty A/C units

Post  jeanmarlowe Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:22 pm

"the water heater valves that lead to the Hydronic Fan Coil for winter heating need to be turned off for Summer Cooling. Not sure if this is true?"
It is true. There are two yellow handles that need to be turn either up or down, so in the winter you get heat and turned in the opposite direction you get your air condition. No one ever tells the new home buyer about this. The yellow handles are the two lowest handles on the water heater. There are only two projects in the City of San Jose that has this system and Shea built both projects. That is why 99.9% of the Air Conditioning and Heating guys don't know anything about this system. This was told to me by a commercial company who had some knowledge about our system. Hope this helps.

jeanmarlowe

http://www.jeanmarlowe.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ghp95134 Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:45 pm

jeanmarlowe wrote:"...There are two yellow handles that need to be turn either up or down, so in the winter you get heat and turned in the opposite direction you get your air condition. No one ever tells the new home buyer about this. The yellow handles are the two lowest handles on the water heater.... Hope this helps.

I've only been here 10 years .... and this is the first time I've heard about this!!! Thanks Jean, it really helps. I knew the water heater also supplied heat for the winter, but DID NOT know the handle had to be reversed in the summer ... NO WONDER I've never been able to cool my unit! My new 48 gal unit has but one "little yellow handle" on the bottom; I'll do some more research.

Again, many thanks!
--ghp95134

ghp95134

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down