Villagio
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doesn't anyone care about what our rules are?

+3
Admin
terrychr
Dave
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Doesn't anyone care about what our rules are? Empty Doesn't anyone care about what our rules are?

Post  Dave Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:37 pm

To our new neighbors.... in unit 118 Bldg..440 Navaro. All those boxes you piles up in front of the trash bins, well myself and the rest of the owners will have to pay to have someone cut them up and dispose of them. thanks and welcome. Dave.

Dave

Back to top Go down

Doesn't anyone care about what our rules are? Empty rules apply to renters too!!

Post  terrychr Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:04 am

I too was angry when I saw the boxes! I left a note on their doorstep as I would guess they don't read the forum since they didn't care enough to read the posted sign and/or rules.

As an owner, I would truly appreciate it if all individuals renting units would educate the renters of our rules. I am assuming most of them can read since they had to sign a lease.

terrychr

Back to top Go down

Doesn't anyone care about what our rules are? Empty Re: Doesn't anyone care about what our rules are?

Post  Dave Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:25 am

I hopping that our BOD or Management will take some action here.... What I have seen living here over the past years is that most of the offenders of the Rules of Villagio are renters. I have nothing against renters, but, maybe the BOD or our CC&R should address the owner occupied to renter ratio. Food for thought. Dave.

Dave

Back to top Go down

Doesn't anyone care about what our rules are? Empty Re: Doesn't anyone care about what our rules are?

Post  Admin Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:46 pm

I'll have Peachtree write a letter to the resident of that unit. How bad was it?

I'll bring up the topic of renters to the next meeting but this may be a sensitive issue. With the economic situation and difficulty in selling. I could see owners renting their units in order to stay afloat and to prevent going bankrupt. Personally, I'd rather see someone living in the apartment and the HOA dues getting paid then the unit going into foreclosure and reducing our values even further as the banks try to offload the apartments.

take care!
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://villagiohoa.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:00 pm

I encurage any BOD member to walk down and take a look at the old box springs and pile of boxes that have been now stack in front of the garage at Bldg. 440/ #118 for the last three days. I really think a face to face would be better than just a letter, this needs quick action!

thank you

Dave

Dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:58 pm

Are you kidding me?!?! What the hell is wrong with these people?? I'm going over there on my lunch break.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:46 pm

Well, I take time out of my job to see this and I find...

Doesn't anyone care about what our rules are? 388315245_uwSyW-L

Nothing.....building 440, unit 118. I cruised around some of the other buildings (not all) before heading back. So did I get the building wrong or is this stuff no longer there?

Dave, please PM me with your contact info.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Doesn't anyone care about what our rules are? Empty Amazing neighbors

Post  terrychr Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:01 pm

All that crap was there I can assure you. They took it somewhere in the early morning hours. Probably bumped it off somewhere Very Happy It was piled to the top of the garage door.

Yesterday they parked their car in front of their garage all day and all night. It finally left this morning. I put another note. This time I asked them to read the rules. I also informed them that there was no parking except in designated areas, they were parked in a fire lane and next time it would be towed.

They have a young boy who rides around in the courtyard all day on a motorized scooter/bike screaming like a nut. As we all know this echoes and is magnified 10x. I feel especially sorry for the neighbor who works nights and those that work from home. It is really hard to get anything done or any sleep I am sure.

This is very frustrating to have renters with so little disregard for their neighbors. It appears they aren't accustomed to living in a community such as ours. I am really tired of writing notes to them and adding that "personal touch" could we please send them a letter informing them of our rules and asking them to respect their fellow neighbor?

terrychr

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:05 pm

Absolutely!

It will probably take a few days for the letter to get there. if the behavior continues, please let me know. We will call them into a board meeting or fine the homeowner.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  terrychr Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:52 am

Admin wrote:Absolutely!

It will probably take a few days for the letter to get there. if the behavior continues, please let me know. We will call them into a board meeting or fine the homeowner.

They parked another car outside of their unit tonight. I placed another sign regarding the fire lane and towing of this car (pickup truck vs. the buick of yesterday/last night). I guess they didn't understand that the parking was not specific to the car but rather the spot that they are parking.

A letter and rules regarding our community is obviously in dire need for these renters.

terrychr

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:59 am

Iasha is sending a letter about the garbage. Since we have a meeting tomorrow evening, it's too late to force them to come to the meeting but I will raise the issue again and ask the rest of the board to support a tougher stance on these people.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:26 pm

An update from yesterdays meeting.

The homeowner actually showed up to the board meeting. He expressed his concern over what happened and said that his tenant was not aware of the rules initially. He has spoken to the tenant about the garbage and parking and asked for a copy of the CC&R's in order to understand any other rules to pass on to the tenant. He assured us that we wouldn't have any other problems with the resident.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Doesn't anyone care about what our rules are? Empty You would think we would never have to address this again.. this is 440 Navaro #118

Post  Dave Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:31 pm

Doesn't anyone care about what our rules are? Cimg1012

Can the BOD or the owner speak to the renter?? Have you seen the inside of the garage too?

Dave

Back to top Go down

Doesn't anyone care about what our rules are? Empty Unbelievable renters

Post  terrychr Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:20 am

This crap has been here for 2 days. The pile is now bigger as of this evening. Can we please do something about this? We pay lots of money monthly to have our community looking pristine and I for one can do without the trailer park look. Perhaps a fine would mean more to them than a letter and warning.

terrychr

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:13 pm

I'll address it with Peachtree tomorrow. We couldn't fine them the first time per the CC&R's.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:26 pm

Doesn't anyone care about what our rules are? 11810

This photo is from the first offense.
Do we have a three strikes law?? Ha Ha. Can we vote them off the block??

Dave

Back to top Go down

Doesn't anyone care about what our rules are? Empty Pile growing by the day!

Post  terrychr Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:33 pm

Okay it is now day 3 the trash pile has grown yet again!!!! Is it that hard to walk 20 ft or so to the garbage. I half expected them to go in the dumpster today as the garbage man did the pickup but no such luck. Please do something about this public nuisance.

terrychr

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:36 pm

Hi Terry,

I actually spoke to Dave a few minutes ago and he informed me of the other issues with this tenant. I've sent an email to the other board members and Peachtree and asked for legal advice on next steps to remove them. This is bigger than just the trash at this point.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:09 pm

So we are taking next steps although its going to be a slow process. Apparently we have to follow certain rules and procedures. Razz

I wish we could do something quicker with more bite....
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Doesn't anyone care about what our rules are? Empty thank you

Post  terrychr Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:23 pm

It was wonderful last night. I was walking the dog at about 11:45 pm. The windows were open, one of the kids was screaming at the top of their lungs, mom was yelling at the kid to shut up and/or stop it at the top of her lungs. They were so loud I could hear them all around the outside of our courtyard. Gotta love it when people are not accustomed to living in such close proximity to other neighbors.

Thank you so much for addressing the "issues" around this.

terrychr

Back to top Go down

Doesn't anyone care about what our rules are? Empty RE: Doesn't anyone care?

Post  pparkin Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:29 am

I'd like to thank terrychr and Dave for following up on this issue. I too live in 440 and have to drive past their mess, their illegally parked car, listen to their noisy child/friends and tolerate the child's random ringing of door bells.

pparkin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:47 am

Thanks for posting. We're following up per the CC&Rs. However, if new issues arise please bring it up.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Doesn't anyone care about what our rules are? Empty Rules again for renters

Post  terrychr Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:32 pm

I hate to be a pest again about this particular renter but ....... she has started parking her car in front of her garage again. She gets it very close to the garage and cement pad in front of her door. I guess she thinks we won't notice that it is parked illegally. The garage seems to be taken up with another car and lots of crap. Additionally, her "visitors" every night take at least one or more of the 4 spaces in the courtyard.

Not sure that we can do much here but I thought I would at least try. Clearly letters have a minimal effect.

Thanks

terrychr

Back to top Go down

Doesn't anyone care about what our rules are? Empty Owners are responsible for tenants behavior. Fines are what gets action.

Post  Italia Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:50 pm

When a renter is breaking the HOA rules it is the responsibility of the units owner to quickly contact them to rectify the problem. The owner should be notified by the board and it should be noted in the letter that a fine is within the rights of the board to be charged to the owner if the problem is not rectified by their tenant. They are responsible for the tenan'ts behavior in terms of breaking the HOA rules.

Letting all owners know that fines are definatley an option for rule breakers who ignore a letter asking them to rectify the rule breaking behavoir, definatley has a tendency to get them to take action vs. simply telling them over and over about the rules they are breaking with no consequences. That's just human nature.

Italia

Back to top Go down

Doesn't anyone care about what our rules are? Empty Any Status Update?

Post  titobins Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:17 am

Is there a status update on what Peachtree has decided to do with the residents of this unit? From the communication it seemed like action/legal action was going to be taken. What next steps were taken?

Also, has anyone heard all the screaming that goes on in this unit? Especially between the adults and the little boy - seems abusive at times....very disturbing.

Don't want to be in anyone elses business, but when the decibel levels reach epic proportions, neighbors like us who have just moved into the community are negatively impacted with noise pollution from TV/Music in Cars/Visitors/Vacuuming (seems like this goes on all day, esp. the weekends).

Sigh....

titobins

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next