Villagio
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

recommendation for fixing front door handle

2 posters

Go down

recommendation for fixing front door handle Empty recommendation for fixing front door handle

Post  lad1ljc Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:31 pm

I have the metal kind front door with a tab like handle that you push down to open the door, now the handle no longer works well anymore--I have to push hard & often more than once to open the door.

Did any one have this problem before? Does the whole door handle unit need to be replaced?

Should I find a lock smith for the job (it's really not a problem with the lock itself) or....? Can someone recommend one?

Thanks!

Chern

lad1ljc

Back to top Go down

recommendation for fixing front door handle Empty Re: recommendation for fixing front door handle

Post  lolke Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:26 pm

I had the same problem and replaced the whole door handle and lock with a new one from Lowes.

Lolke

lolke

Back to top Go down

recommendation for fixing front door handle Empty Thanks for the info

Post  lad1ljc Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:50 pm

Do you always need to replace the lock also when replacing the handle?

Was the work done by a handy man or lock smith?

Chern

lad1ljc

Back to top Go down

recommendation for fixing front door handle Empty Re: recommendation for fixing front door handle

Post  lolke Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:48 am

lad1ljc wrote:Do you always need to replace the lock also when replacing the handle?

Was the work done by a handy man or lock smith?

Chern

No you could keep the existing lock. I decided to replace the lock as well. I did the work myself, it was very straight forward.

Lolke

lolke

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum