Villagio
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

435 Milan mailboxes broken into

3 posters

Go down

435 Milan mailboxes broken into Empty 435 Milan mailboxes broken into

Post  EEAquino Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:51 pm

Just before midnight last night, I arrived home to find two mailboxes at 435 Milan open. One of them had a key stuck in the lock. I'm sending a note to Tony at Peachtree and informing the post office.

Elbert

435 Milan mailboxes broken into Imag0413
435 Milan mailboxes broken into Imag0414

EEAquino

Back to top Go down

435 Milan mailboxes broken into Empty Re: 435 Milan mailboxes broken into

Post  Admin Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:49 pm

Thanks for the notice!
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://villagiohoa.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

435 Milan mailboxes broken into Empty One of the Broken Mailboxes at 435 Milan was mine

Post  Mike Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:37 am

I inserted the key into my mailbox and it opened without turning the key because the tab was broken off, but I couldn't remove the key. I spoke to Tony at Peachtree and he was very responsive. Told me he was coming out to inspect the damage the following day (was last THU). He called me that afternoon to let me know there was no damage to the mailbox, just the lock and unfortunately for me the lock is the homeowner's responsibility because I own the keys. He gave me the phone number of a guy named Mailbox Willy (510.385.7345). I called Mailbox Willy who left me a voice mail to let me know it is easy to make this repair myself.

- he told me to go to the hardware store, purchase a mailbox lock (went to Orchard Supply on Milpitas Blvd and it cost $6.99)
- remove the clip holding the old mailbox lock in place
- insert the new mailbox lock (I needed to remove the nut holding the tab and then reinstall the nut and tab after inserting into the mailbox door)
- reinstall the clip

It took about 5 minutes. Now I need to go to the post office and give them a copy of my key and I will be done.

Not happy I had to do this, but hopefully you will find it as easy as I did if you face the same unfortunate situation.

Mike

Mike

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:05 am

Are you sure you need to give a key to the post office? They have the master key that opens up the whole panel.

Thanks for the information about the process. It might come in handy for someone else one day.

It's good to hear that Tony is responsive.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://villagiohoa.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:16 am

Actually, I don't know if I need to give a key to the post office, I was going to ask them. But now that you mention it, it would not make any sense if they carried around copies of hundreds of mailbox keys.

Mike

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down