Villagio
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Air Duct Cleaning

2 posters

Go down

Air Duct Cleaning Empty Air Duct Cleaning

Post  DAMIEN408 Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:35 pm

I would like to know when was the last time HOA ever had the air ducts cleaned in the common stairways?

I recently decided to clean the cob webs, dust, etc in our common stairway, since HOA only has the carpets cleaned and let me say the company we use to do that does a very poor job especially when you can smell the dirty water they most likely used over and over going from stairway to stairway. However that is another issue and I don't mind cleaning the cob webs and dust myself.

However as I was cleaning I noticed that the air registers in the stairways were disgusting. I spent (5) minutes trying to clean the one that I could reach and I still could not get it clean. So I looked at the one in the ceiling at the top of the stairs and that one was even worse. I am fairly positive during the 4 years that my wife and I have lived here the air ducts in the stairways have never been cleaned. So that brings me to ask, when was the last time they were cleaned? How often does HOA plan to clean the air ducts? Because it should be done every so often for not only health reason but also energy savings.

In addition, I am sure if HOA decideds to have the air ducts cleaned there would be several residents interested in having their air ducts cleaned as well, which means if HOA shops around for bids and lets the contractor know that there is the possibility of additional work for the individual units, they should be able to provide not only HOA, but the residents some kind of a discount since there is the potential for a lot of work. I suggest HOA should send a letter to all the home owners and ask if a contractor was hired would they be interested in hiring them to clean their ducts as well with the knowledge that we could get better rates for the volume and present that number to the contractors for bid.

Hopefully this is decided soon because seriously the air ducts definitely need to be addressed. If HOA is interested in a picture so they can see what I am talking about, please let me know and one can be provided.

Regards,

Damien

DAMIEN408

Back to top Go down

Air Duct Cleaning Empty Re: Air Duct Cleaning

Post  Admin Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:51 am

I'll bring it up as an agenda item in the next meeting. Please post or send me a picture so it's clear what we're talking about.

As far as the carpets, you're the first complaint I heard about the new vendor. He actually monitored this forum for feedback during the process and we didn't hear anything negative. The vendor actually used a hose to connect to a fresh water source each time. So this smell you refer to is probably not dirty water.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://villagiohoa.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  DAMIEN408 Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:08 am

Sorry, it took so long. Here are some photos of the air duct at the top of our stairs.

[img]Air Duct Cleaning Dsc02310[/img]

[img]Air Duct Cleaning Dsc02311[/img]

DAMIEN408

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:09 am

thank you. We'll discuss it in this months meeting.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://villagiohoa.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down