Villagio
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Water usage

3 posters

Go down

Water usage Empty Water usage

Post  Admin Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:05 am

Hello everyone,

As some of you probably already know, the Govinator has declared that California is in a drought. We each need to do our little bit to help and conserve water. Whether its taking shorter showers, washing larger loads of laundry, using the dishwasher only when full or wash our cars less often or use a commercial car wash.

During the next HOA meeting we will be looking at what actions we can take as an HOA.

Last edited by Admin on Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://villagiohoa.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Water usage Empty Re: Water usage

Post  SteveG Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:53 pm

I think one of the things that we can do is inspect all of the sprinklers heads, make sure that they are spraying in the proper direction, and working properly. I've noticed from time to time sidewalks and other concrete areas being watered...what a waste. Also, not sure how our current system works or what determines the level of watering, but I've also noticed pooling of water in certain areas which either means over-watering or dysfunctional sprinklers. I know there are some electronic gadgets out there that receive weather data and change watering level accordingly. Well, this all might cost some money, but in the long run reduce our water budget and costs (maybe we can start by inspecting sprinkler heads and look at how much watering we are doing).

-Steve
410 Milan Dr Unit 112

SteveG

Back to top Go down

Water usage Empty 440 Navaro pl #109 is wasting a lot of water everyday

Post  residentB Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:47 am

The owner of 440 Navaro Pl Unit 109, is washing the court yard area in front of their garage every single day. Very often they left the water tap open for hour, the water running all over the place. Using water to play with their children, water their plant in front of the house. It's such a waste of water in this tough situation. I can't understand why they're so inconsiderate. Can someone from HOA do something about it ?

residentB

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:24 am

Dear ResidentB,

I'm a resident and homeowner just like you. If I see someone doing something inappropriate, I simply walk over to them and in a nice friendly voice explain to them that what they are doing is inappropriate and ask them to stop.

While we are low on water, there are no official restrictions. If you'd like me to send a letter, I'd like your real name and unit number and not an anonymous posting. You can PM me your information.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:25 am

SteveG wrote:I think one of the things that we can do is inspect all of the sprinklers heads, make sure that they are spraying in the proper direction, and working properly. I've noticed from time to time sidewalks and other concrete areas being watered...what a waste. Also, not sure how our current system works or what determines the level of watering, but I've also noticed pooling of water in certain areas which either means over-watering or dysfunctional sprinklers. I know there are some electronic gadgets out there that receive weather data and change watering level accordingly. Well, this all might cost some money, but in the long run reduce our water budget and costs (maybe we can start by inspecting sprinkler heads and look at how much watering we are doing).

-Steve
410 Milan Dr Unit 112

Somehow I missed this posting. I'll relay the information to the vendor.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down