Villagio
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mail box is possibly being broken into

+3
sswillow
Admin
masood
7 posters

Go down

Mail box is possibly being broken into Empty Mail box is possibly being broken into

Post  masood Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:07 pm

Hi,

I'm in 450 Navaro building and have been losing mail for the last 3 weeks, on and off. I contacted the post office on Junction Avenue and the carrier said that he has been delivering mail as usual.

Today (Feb 11) my wife noticed that the ENTIRE mail box for 450 Navaro Building was open. I belive that it is very likely someone has been stealing mail and my U.S.P.S carrier said other poeple in Villagio have been losing mail too. Please remember it is tax season and people are receiving sensitive material so this can be serious.

I reported this to Homeowner's Association (Peachtree) and U.S.P.S on Junction Avenue and they said they will look into it and report it. Please call U.S.P.S. and report it if you have had similar issues (call: 456-0563, I talked to a supervisor named Dena).

Also the Villagio board should look at this issue and post warnings and consider installing better, tamper-resistent mail boxes.

You could contact me at 408-944-0995 if you are concerned.
Thanks

Masood

masood

Back to top Go down

Mail box is possibly being broken into Empty Re: Mail box is possibly being broken into

Post  Admin Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:50 pm

I just drove by your building and looked at the mailbox and it appeared closed.

Have you noticed if the labels on the inside of the mailbox designating the unit # and owners name still there? Strangely on mine in #475 it seems the postman took them off. I wonder how he knows which box belongs to what unit??

and thanks for the heads up!
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://villagiohoa.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Mail box is possibly being broken into Empty Re: Mail box is possibly being broken into

Post  sswillow Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:27 pm

We're thinking about installing a web cam to see what the heck is going on. We haven't quite worked out the logistics. Might be something the HOA wants to investigate. Another idea is should the complex consider hiring a security guard for a month or so, to try to get this under control?

I did talk to the postman today about my missing piece of mail. The day it was said to be delivered was the day he was off. He does not leave packages anymore due to all the thefts. He says the thefts are happening everywhere, not just in this complex. I'll post more if I learn more.
Sandra

sswillow

Back to top Go down

Mail box is possibly being broken into Empty Debit card stolen from mail box

Post  irondude Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:44 am

Saturday morning I noticed fraudulent charges on my checking account from Feb 4 & 5. I immediately called to cancel the card and file a claim. The bank said that the transactions had been made by my card and asked me if anybody had access to it or if it had been out of my possession. The answer was no. I still had it in my wallet.

I just found a notice on the online banking site dated Jan 30 stating the bank had mailed me a new debit card. I never requested the card or received a received a mail notice, so I was not expecting a new card. According to the bank it was part of an account upgrade. Now I see the notice here about the mail break ins. Obviously, they broke in and stole the card with my mail. (I'm in 445 Milan)

I am very concerned since all of the year end tax documents are being sent out. I don't know what else was stolen. So far I'm out $650 and counting.

Thank you for the information about the USPS. I also am filing my police reports with San Jose and Milpitas where the fraudulent transactions occurred (Wallmart, Lowes, Target, PW Supermarket, Walgreens) Hopefully they get this guy on film at some of these stores

irondude

Back to top Go down

Post  Carolyn Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:24 am

We had package and ski rack stolen and now need to worry about our personal mail!?
Crying or Very sad

Webcam might be good if it's not stolen.

Just an idea here if we can get enough volunteers and everyone takes a shift like picking 15min in an hour walking around our complex to see any odd things happen and try this way for a month or so. I know it may sound stupid, but it saves money.

Carolyn@ 470

Carolyn

Back to top Go down

Mail box is possibly being broken into Empty Mail Box Break In

Post  TD Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:22 pm

I am very concerned the missing mail and packages. I am concern about the potential loss of tax documents, credits cards and credit information. This is an issue that cannot be taken lightly. Is it possible the main key to the mailboxes has either been stolen or someone has figured out how to open the locks? I live at 445 and while the main mailbox has not been broken into, we are also missing packages and mail. While the postal service did not leave a package I ordered from a retailer I never received the delivery notices. We’ve also not received a package our alarm company mailed. I can understand an occasional piece of mail being misplaced but this is ridiculous. What mail is missing that we don’t know about? I will be contacting the Postal Service.

TD

Back to top Go down

Mail box is possibly being broken into Empty Building 445 mail box tampered too

Post  wizzywig Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:12 pm

Building 445 has its mailbox tampered around Friday night to Saturday morning on the week of Feb 20. The case was reported to the post office.

wizzywig

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum