Villagio
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Painting Questions

4 posters

Go down

Painting Questions Empty Painting Questions

Post  Sarah Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:29 pm

I live at 435 Milan and the painters finished our building last week. I have a few questions regarding the painting of the buildings.

Are they going to come back and do touch ups? For my unit, when they painted the railings, they got a few spots of paint on the white part below the railing. Also, when they painted the trim, some splashed on the wall. Also, the railings were painted by hand with a brush, and they are drip marks on some of the edges. I may be being picky, but it looks bad and I have to live with it for a long time. Can they fix this?

Also, somehow in the process of painting on my balcony, the painters damaged the surface of the deck (not major, just a few areas where the paint was scratched off. If I am responsible for keeping the deck surface in tact, I think that it needs to be touched up. Is this possible. I know, I am being picky but I hold attention to detail very high.

When will the doors for the common doorways be painted? As far as I can tell, none of the common doors at 435 Milan have been painted. They need to give us warning (unlike when they first started painting) so we can leave the doors ajar all day.

They chimneys haven't been painted yet either. Are they coming back to finish them off?

A few of the drain pipes were crushed by people backing into them prior to them being painted. They looked bad before, but now that they are painted, they look even worse. Is there anyway that peachtree can replace them with new ones and have the painters repaint them? It just looks tacky. I know I should have probably mentioned this before, but I thought the owners of the units that have the crushed gutters would have mentioned it prior to painting, but I guess they didn't.

Are the front door steps going to be painted? The painters got spots of paint all over mine and it looks terrible!

If anyone can help answer my questions, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Sarah

Sarah

Back to top Go down

Painting Questions Empty Re: Painting Questions

Post  Admin Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:06 am

Sarah wrote:I live at 435 Milan and the painters finished our building last week. I have a few questions regarding the painting of the buildings.

Are they going to come back and do touch ups? For my unit, when they painted the railings, they got a few spots of paint on the white part below the railing. Also, when they painted the trim, some splashed on the wall. Also, the railings were painted by hand with a brush, and they are drip marks on some of the edges. I may be being picky, but it looks bad and I have to live with it for a long time. Can they fix this?

Also, somehow in the process of painting on my balcony, the painters damaged the surface of the deck (not major, just a few areas where the paint was scratched off. If I am responsible for keeping the deck surface in tact, I think that it needs to be touched up. Is this possible. I know, I am being picky but I hold attention to detail very high.

When will the doors for the common doorways be painted? As far as I can tell, none of the common doors at 435 Milan have been painted. They need to give us warning (unlike when they first started painting) so we can leave the doors ajar all day.

They chimneys haven't been painted yet either. Are they coming back to finish them off?

A few of the drain pipes were crushed by people backing into them prior to them being painted. They looked bad before, but now that they are painted, they look even worse. Is there anyway that peachtree can replace them with new ones and have the painters repaint them? It just looks tacky. I know I should have probably mentioned this before, but I thought the owners of the units that have the crushed gutters would have mentioned it prior to painting, but I guess they didn't.

Are the front door steps going to be painted? The painters got spots of paint all over mine and it looks terrible!

If anyone can help answer my questions, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Sarah

Hi Sarah,

Lots of questions there...here's my list of answers.

Yes, Ekim should be coming around and do touch ups.
Any drips should get cleaned up.
If the deck is scratched to the point that the membrane may be damaged then it should be repaired.
The doors will be painted at a later time. We are in the midst of a disagreement over what is adequate coverage for the doors. One coat is not cutting it and Ekim wants to charge us extra for a second coat. Once we settle it, the doors will be painted by appointment.
Chimneys will be painted, they have already painted some of the other buildings.

Quickest way to address the drips is to contact Mark (Ekim's onsite manager - drives that grey pickup). Speaking to him directly will get you the quickest action. Second best is to send a complaint to Peachtree (Veronica).

Take care!
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://villagiohoa.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Painting Questions Empty drain pipes and color

Post  jeanmarlowe Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:10 pm

I too live at 435 Milan and agree with Sarah about the crushed drain pipes. They are an eyesore right now. They should have been replaced at the time when others were being replace because of rust, etc. This is the time to fix them while the painters are still around. I hope this get done soon.

Also I want to touch on colors. The bathroom building at one time was very nice to look at as you came into the complex. I took many pictures of the building and surrounding area as the seasons came and went. Now it is just a white blob. Can you put more accent color on it to break up the whiteness. Maybe the building should be painted the accent color and not white.

jeanmarlowe

http://www.jeanmarlowe.com

Back to top Go down

Painting Questions Empty Front Door Lighting Fixture Painting

Post  kmcginn Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:32 pm

We live at 445 Milan and the guy who came to paint the front door informed us that the light fixtures will not be painted to match the railings etc. He said that this was not part of the contract. Is this true? Do we need to paint the fixtures to match?

Thanks,
kmcginn
kmcginn

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:37 am

kmcginn wrote:We live at 445 Milan and the guy who came to paint the front door informed us that the light fixtures will not be painted to match the railings etc. He said that this was not part of the contract. Is this true? Do we need to paint the fixtures to match?

Thanks,

Only the main lights by the building sign will be painted. The lights on your deck will be replaced.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://villagiohoa.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum