Villagio
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Installation of Hardwood/Laminate Flooring

5 posters

Go down

Installation of Hardwood/Laminate Flooring Empty Installation of Hardwood/Laminate Flooring

Post  allison Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:05 pm

Hi,

Are there any restrictions of installing hardwood/laminate flooring in our units. If so what are they? Also, do you need to get the product using approved before installation. I only ask this because a contractor said that we needed to.

Thanks,
Allison

allison

Back to top Go down

Installation of Hardwood/Laminate Flooring Empty follow up

Post  Mike M Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:57 pm

I am also curious about this, does anyone know the answer?

Mike M

Back to top Go down

Installation of Hardwood/Laminate Flooring Empty Installation of Hardwood Flooring

Post  lucky72 Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:17 pm

According to the Board and the CC&Rs there are no such rules against the installation of hardwood or laminate flooring. I personally believe they should reconsider. I presented to the board my issue with my neighbors (upstairs) who installed hardwood flooring in their unit. They told me I had to resolve the issue with my neighbors (nice suggestion - being sarcastic, of course). I do not believe they had proper sound proofing installed before doing so as I hear EVERYTHING!! From their cat running all around their unit, their voices, anything that is dropped on the floor, vacuum cleaner running, cabinets closing, pounding on my ceiling of them walking around, etc...EVERYTHING!! Also, due to the vibrations of them walking around items often rattle in my unit. It's a complete noise nuisance and I have absolutely no peace in my home. I often have to tell or complain to them to keep it down. It's quite frustrating and I often lose my mind. Why should I have to suffer? I would like too suggest having the Board members stay at my house some time for a few nights and then see what they have to say.

I think the upstairs units should not be allowed to have this kind of flooring as it creates more problems and unhappy and frustrated homeowners. I know of other HOAs and property management companies who will not allow this even if it's NOT included in their CC&Rs as they know what problems comes with it. I think it's a smart decision. It's easy for our Board to just sit there and tell me to "figure it out" when they don't have to go through the same experience as I am and have the enjoyment of sitting peacefully in their homes. They need to seriously reconsider this. Just my two cents and personal experience...

lucky72

Back to top Go down

Installation of Hardwood/Laminate Flooring Empty Woof floor no-no

Post  ljbo Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:21 pm

I moved here to Villagio 20 years ago and the rules were clear: if you have an upper level unit you are prohibited from installing any type of wood flooring because of the noise problem it created for the people below you. Obviously this does not apply to townhouses or lower level units. I believe this policy still stands.

ljbo

Back to top Go down

Installation of Hardwood/Laminate Flooring Empty Re: Installation of Hardwood/Laminate Flooring

Post  Admin Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:50 am

Oddly enough if you read the CC&Rs you will not find any statements preventing an owner from installing other types of flooring besides carpeting. However, we know that Shea homes told buyers that top floor units had to have carpeting. It's just not in the CC&Rs. I believe thee have been instances where homeowners have installed hardwood flooring without asking for approvals. The board is in a difficult position now because they don't have a strong legal position to enforce a policy that is not part of the CCRs. If someone came to the board now, asking for approval, chances are they may approve it because there may be a precedent.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://villagiohoa.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Installation of Hardwood/Laminate Flooring Empty Re: Installation of Hardwood/Laminate Flooring

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down