Villagio
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking at reducing costs - River Oaks Shuttle Service

+2
TD
Admin
6 posters

Go down

Looking at reducing costs - River Oaks Shuttle Service Empty Looking at reducing costs - River Oaks Shuttle Service

Post  Admin Fri May 28, 2010 11:27 pm

Hi,

I've been asked by the B.O.D. to post this question on the forum to get owner's opinion.

The River Oaks Shuttle costs Villagio several thousand dollars a year. We cannot back out of the agreement not to contribute. In fact we are the second largest contributor following the Elan. We have been in touch with the other HOA's in the community and they have also expressed interest in not paying for the shuttles in the future. The only way to close down the service is if the majority of complexes all agree.

We get the sense that VERY few people ride the shuttles and even fewer (if any) live in the Villagio.

Any thoughts or comments anyone would like to share on the subject??

Last edited by Admin on Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://villagiohoa.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Looking at reducing costs - River Oaks Shuttle Service Empty Re: Looking at reducing costs - River Oaks Shuttle Service

Post  TD Sun May 30, 2010 2:27 am

I commute by light rail a min of 4 days per week. I take the shuttle most mornings My husband picks me up or I walk home in the evenings, since the shuttle doesn't wait for arriving trains. I was surprised to hear that Villagio is a major contributor. I just assumed the shuttle was primarily paid for and geared towards the surrounding companies. The shuttle drops off company employees in the evenings but doesn't wait for the arriving locals . I watch the shuttle leave when a train approaches the river oaks stop and when existing passengers (myself included) are leaving the train and crossing the street to the shuttle stop.
The shuttle is certainly an added benefit, it would be better if it actually was geared for the residents especially in the evenings.

TD

Back to top Go down

Looking at reducing costs - River Oaks Shuttle Service Empty Light Rail Shuttle

Post  trebor Mon May 31, 2010 4:32 pm

I am against funding the Shuttle. I have used it very infrequently and found that it stopped running before I completed my trip at the end of the day. Residents are paying for the very few riders that actually use it!
trebor
trebor

Back to top Go down

Looking at reducing costs - River Oaks Shuttle Service Empty Re: Looking at reducing costs - River Oaks Shuttle Service

Post  sureshrv Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:25 pm

I am against funding the Shuttle. i have seen very few riders that actually use it!. The money can be used for a better purpose ( or even given back to us by reduction in HOA fees Very Happy )

sureshrv

Back to top Go down

Post  nunu Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:32 pm

I am against funding the shuttle. My husband and I have never used shuttle. If someone really need it, VTA should consider charging riders instead of allocating expenses to people who don't use the service at all.

nunu

Back to top Go down

Post  H. Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:35 am

Just so you know.... the shuttle has been discontinued as of July 12, I think it is.

H.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down