Villagio
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

window replacement

3 posters

Go down

window replacement Empty window replacement

Post  jloui Mon May 10, 2010 9:40 pm

I live in a 1 bedroom unit which has windows that do not open in the bathroom. My bathroom has a mold problem above the shower unit and it would be great if I could replace the windows to windows that can open for better ventilation. Is there a policy for replacing windows in the architecture review? Does anyone else in their 1 bedroom unit with mold problems in their bathroom. If this is a problem that we can address as a group, perhaps we can get the windows replaced as a group?

Thanks,
Janice

jloui

Back to top Go down

window replacement Empty Window replacement because of mold

Post  sswillow Mon May 10, 2010 10:02 pm

I have the same mold problem in a townhouse unit. I sent a letter last year for architectural review and was turned down. I didn't pursue it further, didn't have the energy. Would be great if others have the same issue. Maybe we could get a group discount for installation.

sswillow

Back to top Go down

window replacement Empty Re: window replacement

Post  Admin Mon May 10, 2010 10:11 pm

Hi,

The short answer is you cannot change the windows without approval from the board. Please contact Peachtree if you have any specific questions.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://villagiohoa.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sswillow Wed May 12, 2010 3:36 pm

Hi Tom,
I don't think having each home owner go to the HOA to submit an architectural request makes sense. Like I said, I was turned down on my request to replace the same kind of window. I think that the HOA should determine a preferred vendor and a preferred window style as they have done with the garage door. Then each home owner can get the work done without all the red tape as needed. I would be more than willing to screen some window vendors if needed as I still want to get my window replaced. Let me know how I can help to make this an easier process.
Thanks,
Sandra

sswillow

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed May 12, 2010 4:45 pm

Sandra,

Will you be at the annual meeting tomorrow? If so, let's bring this up and see what the other board members say. I don't want to send you on a goose chase just in case the other board members feel differently or have other ideas.

take care,
Tom
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://villagiohoa.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jloui Wed May 19, 2010 9:48 pm

I was not at the board meeting, did this topic come up? Will the board look into a preferred vendor and window style?

jloui

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down