Villagio
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Utility Rooms

4 posters

Go down

Utility Rooms Empty Utility Rooms

Post  TD Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:22 pm

I’ve noticed that every night the door to each building’s utility room is open and the lights are on. I’ve closed the door and turned the lights off only to find them open again. I’m not sure how much power this is costing the HOA and I’m not thrilled about having telephone and cable wires so accessible to the public Anyone has access to all our wiring at all times. I've also notices as of late the utility door to my building is closed around 10:00 but open again early morning. I find this a bit odd and disconcerting. Is this an issue that can or should be addressed? Originally the doors were locked. This does limit access to our vendors but I am sure the is a better solution that will not only allow access to our vendors but limit access to anyone off the streets.

TD

Back to top Go down

Utility Rooms Empty Re: Utility Rooms

Post  Carolyn Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:24 pm

I found it odd too that the doors of the utility rooms are open often. In the beginning I thought there's some reason to leave it open but I closed it anyway. And one morning I did notice a resident (I can recognize his face but not the name) who walks his dog often and just came out of the utility room at our building but he lives at different building I am pretty sure. I don't know what his intention was to go into the utility room which is not for his building, but he did leave the light and door open. And yesterday morning, the door was open again and with a bag of what I didn't want to check left in the utility room. I hope it's not done by the same person but...just suspicion's arisen.

I hope all of us can understand that it's also our responsibility to keep our neighborhood safe not just counting on cops or peachtree. It seems to me that our complex has been the target for some losers to steal mails/packages. We need to keep our eyes more closely on what happens in our complex. To keep the utility doors close sounds easy/simple, but with this simple gesture it also reduces possibility of any gangster/illegal actions here.

Carolyn at 470

Carolyn

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:00 am

Hi Carolyn,

Can you PM me, who you saw walking into the utility room?

To answer the original post.

We're aware of the issue. WE've asked Peachtree to provide us with quotes to repair doors that won't close and to install locks on the doors. Unfortunately the quotes we got last month didn't break out any of the work but instead had one large sum for all work. So we didn't feel comfortable approving work without knowing exactly what was being done to what doors. We'll get this taken care of sadly another item that going to cost $ to solve.

I wonder why some resident(s) would feel the need to open the doors and leave them open.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://villagiohoa.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Utility Rooms Empty Same person

Post  terrychr Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:20 pm

This is the same person who has CF2 syndrome and was hanging poop bags everywhere. Incidentally, he also likes to use the women's bathroom at the pool in the morning with his daily newspaper.

terrychr

Back to top Go down

Utility Rooms Empty Utility doors

Post  terrychr Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:23 pm

Just a side note...the outside utility rooms are used regularly by the cable companies. If we install locks to keep this person from getting his kicks then who will control the keys. This is just one more issue that we would need to circumvent when we are waiting for the ever illusive cable man to come.

terrychr

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:37 pm

The plan is to use combination locks. There will be a sign to call Peachtree to get the combination at each door.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://villagiohoa.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down