Villagio
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leaf Blower Madness !

+2
Admin
mp
6 posters

Go down

Leaf Blower Madness ! Empty Leaf Blower Madness !

Post  mp Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:53 am

Can we do a neighborhood VOTE to ban leaf blowers?

Not only is it a waste of association money, it’s very annoying. Those things have been going every day.

I wake up every day to a leaf blower as my alarm clock. Even if it is raining outside, the leaf blower is going. Since the leaves are wet, they are now bringing a more powerful and LOUDER leaf blower.

Please help.
mp

mp

Back to top Go down

Leaf Blower Madness ! Empty Re: Leaf Blower Madness !

Post  Admin Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:51 am

What time do you hear the leaf blowers start?

What building and unit are you in?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://villagiohoa.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mp Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:02 pm

The leaf blowers are running late morning, rain or shine. In the past few weeks they have been running almost every day.

I don’t work a normal 9-5 job. I work 4 days a week in a 24/7 data center. On my days off I also work from home with my own small business.

I just wish we could get rid of the leaf blowers. Those things are loud and very annoying, especially since they are out there so many days each week.

In my opinion it is a waste of association money having leaf blowers running so much in our neighborhood. That money could be better used for something else.

I know I don’t work normal hours like most people, so typical courtyard noise and activity is expected. The typical day time activity never bothers me. It’s all good, but the leaf blowers are a pain and a waste of money.

Thanks,
mp

mp

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:02 am

mp wrote:The leaf blowers are running late morning, rain or shine. In the past few weeks they have been running almost every day.

I don’t work a normal 9-5 job. I work 4 days a week in a 24/7 data center. On my days off I also work from home with my own small business.

I just wish we could get rid of the leaf blowers. Those things are loud and very annoying, especially since they are out there so many days each week.

In my opinion it is a waste of association money having leaf blowers running so much in our neighborhood. That money could be better used for something else.

I know I don’t work normal hours like most people, so typical courtyard noise and activity is expected. The typical day time activity never bothers me. It’s all good, but the leaf blowers are a pain and a waste of money.

Thanks,
mp

I'll double check but I don't believe we are charged any extra for the leaf blowers.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://villagiohoa.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mp Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:46 am

Thanks for looking into it for me.

If the leaf blower service is free, can you ask them to not do it so much. Maybe once a month, or once every few weeks?

Thanks,
mp

mp

Back to top Go down

Post  sswillow Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:56 pm

Hi, I would disagree to pull back so much. I think it would be reasonable to do once a week. You don't want the leaves collecting so much that it becomes a much bigger, longer job when they do do it, as well as you want the gutters/streets kept clear. Besides, it looks nicer.

sswillow

Back to top Go down

Post  mp Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:43 pm

sswillow
The leaf blowers make to much noise having them running so much. This needs to stop. They were out there again today.

I’m thinking about filing a noise ordinance complaint to the City of San Jose. I don’t know what the noise ordinance laws are, but I want to find out if I can get leaf blowers banned form our neighborhood.

There are much quieter ways for the leaves to be cleaned up.

mp

Back to top Go down

Leaf Blower Madness ! Empty Couldnt we just get them moved to only be used in the afternoon.

Post  jamesalin Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:09 pm

I frequenly work night shift as well as getting woken up at 10am by these things would be appreciated.

jamesalin

http://www.yahoo.com

Back to top Go down

Post  nardin Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:26 am

I like to take naps in the afternoon...so...

nardin

Back to top Go down

Leaf Blower Madness ! Empty re: Leaf Blower Madness

Post  jloui Wed May 19, 2010 10:08 pm

I work from home several times a week and the leaf blowing does happen very frequently. It would be nice if they can do it less frequently or reserve its use for the afternoons. Alternately try to interchange the blower use with the old fashion rake and broom to sweep up the leaves.

jloui

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum