Villagio
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hot water heater group purchase??

+7
terry
Martinr
calvin2
lolke
Tom
jfai
Admin
11 posters

Go down

Hot water heater group purchase?? Empty Hot water heater group purchase??

Post  Admin Fri May 09, 2008 2:29 am

We'd like to get a sense of whether we have enough homeowners interested in purchasing hot water heaters as part of a group buy? I would try to negotiate a lower price as a one time offer.

Interested??
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://villagiohoa.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Hot water heater group purchase?? Empty Count me in for a 75 gal, model# A5 75 75.1NRRT8 2G

Post  jfai Fri May 09, 2008 11:37 am

Count me in for a 75 gal, model# A5 75 75.1NRRT8 2G

jfai

Back to top Go down

Hot water heater group purchase?? Empty Re: Hot water heater group purchase??

Post  Admin Fri May 09, 2008 9:59 pm

is 75 gallons the standard size?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Tue May 20, 2008 1:45 pm

We need more folks if we're to make this a real group purchase. Anyone else interested? We need about 5.

Tom

Back to top Go down

Post  lolke Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:41 pm

Depends on the price we can negotiate. I've heard many different prices.

Lolke

lolke

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:34 pm

So Just Water Heaters has extended a 10% discount for all Villagio homeowners. You need to mention the discount.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  calvin2 Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:53 pm

I need a 50 gal unit. Is the group purchase still active?

calvin2

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:31 pm

You should be able to get a 10% discount automatically. Just remind them they need to pay for the gutter damage they did. Laughing

I binned the group buy discount because we didn't get enough interest.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Martinr Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:28 pm

I'm also interested to get a new tank, after moving in i found the hot water supply had some brown sediment & some white bits, i'm guessing 17 years & the hard water were not too kind to the old tank.
Using the purge valve helped reduce that, but now the valve drips slightly, and anyway a newer tank should be a lot more efficient so i figure it's time to invest.
Is 'Just Water Heaters' the company (in Hayward?) that can provide the tanks that we need with the extra water loop? Are they the best option for a 1-stop (purchase & install) transaction?
Appreciate any comments/advice!
Martin

Martinr

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:51 pm

I personally haven't used 'Just Water Heaters' but they are very familiar with our systems, since they have done several replacements. If the others who have commented are still interested, perhaps we have enough to get an additional discount over the 10%.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Hot water heater group purchase?? Empty hot water heater vendor

Post  terry Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:08 am

We replaced our hot water heater from better water heaters. http://www.betterwaterheaters.com/
They too are familiar with our systems and have replaced several unit within the complex. Their pricing is good and turnaround even better, our unit was replaced within 24 hours. The staff is great and took a min. amount of time.

terry

Back to top Go down

Hot water heater group purchase?? Empty group purchase of water heater

Post  trebor Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:35 pm

I purchased a 75 gal replacement last year but it is not installed. I'm interested if as homeowner I can get a discount on the installation. Or if anyone can recommend a contractor for installation.

Trebor
trebor
trebor

Back to top Go down

Post  nunu Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:11 pm

Following Terry's advise, I called better water heater to get a quote on 75 gallon replacement. They are familiar with our systems and even provided me two options:

1. Buy a regular 75 gallon water heater (less expensivie than Apollo) but requires re-plumbing works;
2. Buy an Apollo (more expensive than regular unit) but no requirement for re-plumbing;

I chose Option #2. When I mentioned 10% group discount offered by Just Water Heater, they are willing to match the price. The staff is very professional and keeps his work place really neat and clean. He was able to finish the work in less than 3 hours and haul away the old water heater for us.

We are very happy with the service.

terry wrote:We replaced our hot water heater from better water heaters. http://www.betterwaterheaters.com/
They too are familiar with our systems and have replaced several unit within the complex. Their pricing is good and turnaround even better, our unit was replaced within 24 hours. The staff is great and took a min. amount of time.

nunu

Back to top Go down

Hot water heater group purchase?? Empty Re: Apollo Water Heater replacements

Post  MMARS Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:44 pm

The good thing is our 50 gal Apollo Water Heater lasted 20 years! The Shocking thing was the cost of the replacement. Not sure what people here paid for theirs, but we paid $1,893 for installation and removal of our old unit Jan 2011. I just needed it to be taken care of since it failed. We ended up using another Apollo since it is matched with the Apollo Hydronic Fan Coil system. Apollo is a actually mfg by State Industries Inc. There are probably several brands out there that have the additional two ports on the side that are required for the plumbing to the Hydronic Fan Coil (your heating system) Yes, the water heater serves two purposes. Hot water for your Condo and it's part of the heating system for your Condo and cooling I think? Mind you the Apollo water heater we got is basic, nothing fancy, just new and probably a bit more efficient. We used Boudreau Plumbing & Heating Inc. (650) 366-5393 used to be call A1 Plumbing...

Anyone know if any Maintenance is needed on the Hydronic Fan Coil Heating system. I put a filter on ours in the garage as I don't think it ever had one??

Happy Hot Showers!

Last edited by MMARS on Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : sp)

MMARS

Back to top Go down

Hot water heater group purchase?? Empty Water Heater recommended

Post  Italia Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:17 pm

I just had a top of the line Bardford and White 50 gal water heater installed.
I highly recommend Oscar Inocencio as the plumber. Decades of experience, reliable, on time and fair pricing.
I saved more than $200 from one quote and more than $600 from another by going with Oscar. Great guy and you won't be disappointed.

Italia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down