Villagio
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silverstone Honda Accord CA Lic # 4MUE212

3 posters

Go down

Silverstone Honda Accord CA Lic # 4MUE212 Empty Silverstone Honda Accord CA Lic # 4MUE212

Post  stuttgart Wed May 13, 2009 1:09 pm

This Honda Accord lic # 4UME212 has been parked on the same spot in front of building 470 for over 3 weeks.
Silverstone Honda Accord CA Lic # 4MUE212 Photo
stuttgart
stuttgart

Back to top Go down

Silverstone Honda Accord CA Lic # 4MUE212 Empty Re: Silverstone Honda Accord CA Lic # 4MUE212

Post  Admin Wed May 13, 2009 2:03 pm

stuttgart wrote:This Honda Accord lic # 4UME212 has been parked on the same spot in front of building 470 for over 3 weeks.
Silverstone Honda Accord CA Lic # 4MUE212 Photo

Thanks!

I'll walk over and post a summons later today.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://villagiohoa.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Silverstone Honda Accord CA Lic # 4MUE212 Empty Re: Silverstone Honda Accord CA Lic # 4MUE212

Post  Admin Wed May 13, 2009 4:25 pm

Summons posted.

Silverstone Honda Accord CA Lic # 4MUE212 535784217_zSX5z-L

Silverstone Honda Accord CA Lic # 4MUE212 535784370_WQv2t-L

Silverstone Honda Accord CA Lic # 4MUE212 535784543_jWKtm-L
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  H. Wed May 13, 2009 10:04 pm

I'm a little confused about the rules on parking.

I know we're supposed to park in our garages up to however many vehicles the garage is built for; that is, if you have a one-car garage and two cars, you've got to park one of the cars in the garage. The other can be parked in the courtyard or on the roadside parking, right?

So what if a person has two vehicles and a one-car garage, and they are going to be out of town for a week or more? Obviously, they park one car in the garage - but what do they do with the other one? It wouldn't seem reasonable to require them to park outside the complex if they're going to be gone for awhile; that's vandalism waiting to happen.

Also, what if a person has a vehicle that is too large to fit in the garage - it's too tall, for instance. I know that one of my neighbors has a huge van that simply won't fit in his garage, so he has no choice but to park it in the courtyard or along the road.

Helen

H.

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu May 14, 2009 1:59 pm

Helen Woodson wrote:I'm a little confused about the rules on parking.

I know we're supposed to park in our garages up to however many vehicles the garage is built for; that is, if you have a one-car garage and two cars, you've got to park one of the cars in the garage. The other can be parked in the courtyard or on the roadside parking, right?

So what if a person has two vehicles and a one-car garage, and they are going to be out of town for a week or more? Obviously, they park one car in the garage - but what do they do with the other one? It wouldn't seem reasonable to require them to park outside the complex if they're going to be gone for awhile; that's vandalism waiting to happen.

Also, what if a person has a vehicle that is too large to fit in the garage - it's too tall, for instance. I know that one of my neighbors has a huge van that simply won't fit in his garage, so he has no choice but to park it in the courtyard or along the road.

Helen

Hi,

My understanding (and I could be wrong) is that the courtyards and Villagio private street parking is for guests and short term (less than 72 hours) resident parking. A resident who has an additional car/truck and cannot fit it in their garage for whatever reason has a couple of options. They can re-park the vehicle every 72 hours, have someone else move the vehicle or park it out in the public street. I've seen exceptions being made when someone is on vacation and out of town, they send an email to Peachtree. The board or parking committee (which seems to be me) gives them a waiver for a certain duration.

I realize this is California and everyone needs a car to get around and we have a shortage of parking. If everyone just parked outside there wouldn't be enough spots- actually there are not enough now. Do we only make exceptions for those that have too many cars? I know when I was looking to purchase a condo, a 2 car garage was a requirement. Homeowners need to realize that if they have 2 cars and are buying a condo with a 1 car garage, they are going to have to deal with it and not assume they have carte blanche to park anywhere, anytime and for as long as they want.

We can get into the whole, marked parking spots, parking permits or other ways to patrol or regulate parking but as the only regular active person on the parking committee, I don't have the bandwidth to do it and I probably wouldn't want to. As long as people are not abusing the rules (extended parking/storage), I'm good with that. When I see a car that has been in the same spot for weeks and the registration tags are a year old...that car needs to go. Evil or Very Mad

Otherwise...it's all good. Very Happy sorta...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down