Villagio
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Building Color selection - Poll

+4
Lyessaian
irondude
allison
Admin
8 posters

Go down

Which color palette do you prefer?

Building Color selection - Poll Vote_lcap18%Building Color selection - Poll Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 8 ]
Building Color selection - Poll Vote_lcap39%Building Color selection - Poll Vote_rcap 39% 
[ 17 ]
Building Color selection - Poll Vote_lcap41%Building Color selection - Poll Vote_rcap 41% 
[ 18 ]
Building Color selection - Poll Vote_lcap2%Building Color selection - Poll Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 44

Building Color selection - Poll Empty Building Color selection - Poll

Post  Admin Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:54 pm

Please read the other thread about the colors and then vote here. You are able to change your vote if you change you mind.

This poll will be open for 2 weeks only.

Last edited by Admin on Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:23 pm; edited 4 times in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://villagiohoa.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Building Color selection - Poll Empty Re: Building Color selection - Poll

Post  Admin Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:20 pm

Please vote!!!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Building Color selection - Poll Empty Building Colors

Post  allison Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:33 am

It is wonderful that we are talking about changing the colors. The colors that we currently have remind me of the eighties. The building needs to be updated. So that means we need fresh colors that do not involve teal and pink. This also goes for the hallways. These colors show the dirt very easily and it cheapens our building appearance. Please don not consider keeping the same colors. Look how beautiful ELAN looks.

allison

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:15 am

Thanks for the feedback! Keep it coming.

We have over 70 members, of which over 30 visit on a semi-regular basis. I'm hoping that everyone casts a vote.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Building Color selection - Poll Empty Have we looked at just power washing the buildings and awnings?

Post  irondude Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:55 am

In general, the paint appears to be in pretty good shape on the buildings. But it has been years (I think since 2003) since the buildings were Power washed. Maybe that's all that needs to be done except for the railings. Then we could defer the actual painting for a couple more years. Just a thought.

Dave

irondude

Back to top Go down

Building Color selection - Poll Empty Outside color

Post  Lyessaian Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:44 pm

I am so excited about the outside color change. I really don't like the current Pepto Bismol color! hahahaha It is definately time for change and I think the Brown color with the lighter one on the corner unit is great.
Lyessaian
Lyessaian

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:06 pm

So we met the painter yesterday to discuss the colors. You should see them out there today, painting a revised version as a sample. No final decision on colors have been made.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Building Color selection - Poll Empty New building and awning colors

Post  terrychr Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:25 pm

The new colors look great. I was all for changing them completely, but the updated look is wonderful! It keeps the "italian villa" feel that everyone talks about.

terrychr

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:42 pm

Thanks for the feedback! Anyone else has an opinion they would like to share?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Building Color selection - Poll Empty color and existing awnings

Post  Italia Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:36 pm

I would vote for keeping the same main color on the buildings, but not using the 1980's peachy color.I believe you have come up with an alternate contrast color more in beige tones that would look good.

Since the teal awnings we have now work fine with the existing building color and we leaning toward using that same main color again according to the vote percentage, I don't see why painting them is necessary. If they were power washed to freshen them up that should suffice. The painted moss greenish example awning looks very bad and looks very much "painted" also the color is very uneven.

Thanks for all your work
Deborah

Italia

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:48 pm

The reason the painted awning looks uneven is because those are two different colors.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Building Color selection - Poll Empty Reason for Keeping Original Colors

Post  jeanmarlowe Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:17 pm

(This was posted on the paint sample thread and looked a little lost by itself. In case it was missed, I'm posting it here.)
I prefer option two because it better emulates the original look of Villagio, which is supposed to be Corsican. The bottom color is completely wrong for this look because it goes for the cocoa instead of the beautiful pinks, which Corsica is famous for. I have other concerns: the foliage would be lost against a dark background, now that crime has risen in the area, it would hide easier for robbers to hide, (we've had one neighbor who came home to find that someone had tampered with his balcony doors in an attempt to break in), I don't think the columns in the driveways would look very good that dark and I don't think the water features with their slate tiles would look very good against a dark brown.

I have a concerns with the canopies being painted. After a season or two of rain, that paint isn't going to wear well and we're going to have cracked, peeling canopies and end up paying out more money in repairs. If the canopies are here to stay, then invest in the future by either buying new, metal canopies or re-canvas the old, especially since some are rotting. The original color of the canopies were more blue than green, but was in keeping with the Corsican look. Here is a traditional blue door in the pink wall: http://www.istockphoto.com/file_closeup/architecture-and-buildings/architectural-detail/707690-blue-door.php?id=707690

I do not like option one because it looks too much like all the other apartment buildings and homes going up, which are trying to do that California Mission look. It's very bland and I fear that with the new trim color the whole place will look rather pale and washed out. Also, this gets completely away from the original look and intent of complex, which is supposed to be the beautiful pinks of Corsica and the aquas of the Mediterranean.

You can see the original look of Villagio here: http://www.mve-architects.com/portfolio/pr/160_Villagio-at-River-Oaks

Please count this as two votes for keeping the original color and intent of Villagio emulation a Corsican Village (we can only vote once above).

Marcelle Kube
Jean Marlowe

jeanmarlowe

http://www.jeanmarlowe.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jeanmarlowe Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:26 pm

Just saw the note for power washing, that sounds like the best idea, especially since you have to do it anyway to apply new paint color.

Also, have you sent out letters to all the owners? It doesn't seem to me that 70 people, 30 of which respond, are enough to count as approval, and not all owners live in the complex. I don't know what the bylaws are concerning a change in building color or what you would do if suddenly 200 homeowners decided they didn't like the change...

jeanmarlowe

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:50 pm

Power washing all the buildings is not cheap. Is it cheaper than painting, sure.... Power washing will help the appearance but it won't help the cracks, all the stains, chipped off paint etc. The discussion of painting has been on the table for a year and we decided not to do it last year. At this point the board made the decision that the complex needs to be painted and a contract has been signed. To us, the painting was not just about cosmetics and there were other items that needed to be done prior to painting and after. It's not just one thing.

We checked into the bylaws and the board/color committee can make the decision. The whole purpose behind this forum is to gather homeowner input and feedback. A decision won't be made solely on the votes from these polls.

I feel I've gone out of my way to promote this forum. Mailings, cards, newsletters, flyers. I think we have 80 registered but many others come to the site and just check it out. You don't need to be registered to view anything.

that being said, I wish more people would get involved and give us any feedback. I know going to the board meetings is not always convenient. So this is a great way to give your feedback. I usually roll up the poll results and feedback to the board.

Hope that helps!

Take care,
Tom
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Building Color selection - Poll Empty color poll

Post  terrychr Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:48 am

Heaven forbid we need to have resident approval to change the color!
1/2 of us are tired of the 90's look and would like something more updated. 1/2 of us hate change and want everything to remain the same.
Most of us won't ever post on this board let alone look at it and many of us are tired of hearing about the corsican/italian feel of our home.
Can the board just pick a color and paint already?

Just my nickle 95.

terrychr

Back to top Go down

Post  jeanmarlowe Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:36 pm

I do think the board is doing a good job, so please don't think I'm being critical, I just wondered what would happen when those people who aren't paying attention suddenly noticed a difference. It's always good to know the rules.

I did start to look at the buildings more carefully yesterday (after I posted the power wash comment) and saw that they are indeed in need of repair. Will there be repairs where there are damages on the wall? The deck refinishers damaged part of the stucco on my deck and I've noticed other areas where people have hit the walls with their cars and crushed some drainpipes too.

jeanmarlowe

Back to top Go down

Building Color selection - Poll Empty THe board and color committee should make the decisions they were elected to make

Post  Italia Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:58 pm

You can never get consensus with a group the size of our homeowners. That is why we elect a board and give them our permission and trust to make decisions. You also have a color committee for this specific decision. I would love it if those two teams would actually do what they were elected to do - make the decisions. This is taking waaaaaay to long. I would ask the board to please make your best determination so we can move forward. You simply explain to people that YES in fact the board and color committe are elected for the purpose of making an informed decision, this is clearly explained in our CC &Rs for all to read up on. This is how it works in all condo boards - you do NOT open up the decision making to the entire population except when voting in new board members or considering a large special assessment. Continuing to invite more and more input is not working as it is just delaying it and putting us in this endless loop.

Respectfully

Italia

Back to top Go down

Post  nardin Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:48 pm

I agree. That's what the board is there for. I wouldn't want the job. So good luck to them. Laughing
My personal opinion is that the colors should be changed. We purchased about a year ago and one of my hesitations were the colors. I was told that the buildings would be painted and I've been keeping my fingers crossed that the place gets an updated look.

I'd also like to say thank you for having this forum. This is the first community I live in that has this type of feature. Great idea!

nardin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:21 pm

Please see the new thread. New colors, new poll!

Click here
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down