Villagio
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deck Refinishing - building 450

3 posters

Go down

Deck Refinishing - building 450 Empty Deck Refinishing - building 450

Post  Admin Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:08 pm

DECK RESTORATION PROJECT
PRE CONSTRUCTION INFORMATION

We are providing you with the following information that will assist you in preparing for the possible disruption in addition to
eliminating all potential hazards. All items must be removed from the deck surfaces and walls prior to start of the project. The
storage of items should be for appx. 2 weeks to allow for application and cure time. This time can be prolonged if the installation
is affected by weather. Notices will be placed at front doors, garage doors and Mail Boxes to notify each unit when their decks
will be restored.

NOISE
Preparation: Minimal Banging and scraping will occur when the old deck surface is prepared. The power washer will be the
main disruption each day. Based on scheduling, this will only occur every 5th day.

FUMES
The Poly-Tuff Deck Coating has a mild odor when applied. The cure time is appx. 4 hours. Windows and doors should remain
closed throughout application of the decking materials. Material Safety Data Sheets have been submitted. Our Foreman will have
a full set while working on-site.

DUST / DEBRIS
Preparation: We need to remove the loose dirt from the deck surface using water. The amount disruption should be minor.
Installation: There will be no dust or debris created during application of the decking materials. Ground locations will be
protected using tarps.

INSTALLATION PROCESS
The installation will take 5 consecutive days to complete. We will use Saturdays as make up days if necessary. The processes
include cleaning, repairs, base coat and two top coats. In the event that dryrot is found, the installation time will be extended.

OWNER, TENANT SAFETY
Deck access: We will keep all ground access areas open during construction. The sliders will be covered with black plastic to
provide privacy and a visual barrier to prevent access to the decks during construction. Access to the deck should not occur until
we remove the plastic barrier.
Setup areas: The ground equipment and certain perimeters of the building will be barricaded or flagged off. Owners and tenants
must be warned not to cross through these areas. Parking stalls will be used as agreed upon.

DECK ACCESS
Throughout construction, Deck access by ladder use must be limited to our employees and owner approved representatives.
The storage of items on new deck surface will require protective matting that will be available as setup by HOA.

DECK PROTECTION
We will have protection material available for purchase by all homeowners. This material must be used under items stored on the
decks i.e. Planters, boxes etc. Chairs and tables can use coasters that are attached permanently to the legs for easy relocation.
California Health and Safety Code Section 25249.6
The products that will be used may contain certain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or
other reproductive harm.

Last edited by Admin on Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:45 am; edited 3 times in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://villagiohoa.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Deck Refinishing - building 450 Empty Re: Deck Refinishing - building 450

Post  Admin Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:04 pm

Thank you for selecting State Roofing Systems, Inc. to restore your patio deck surface. The following information is
provided to make you aware of the dates that we have planned for your deck restoration. We will require full access to your
deck area to complete. Please refer to item 4c below.

The schedule covers all decks on this building. Your particular deck is projected be completed within the two week period
based on weather conditions. Even though your deck is not under construction the first week, we still need full access to
evaluate items i.e. Dryrot and ponding. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

1. Schedule: Projected Start date: Monday January 12, 2009
Work Hours: 8:00 am – 5:00 PM / Mon-Fri*

This project is scheduled to be completed in Ten (10) working days. This product will also need 2-4 days after application
to allow for proper cure time. Start and completion dates are affected by weather (rain, overnight temperatures or fog) and
Dryrot repairs* Saturdays may be used as makeup days.

2. Supervision: The Foreman will be onsite throughout the duration of the project. If you have any questions or requests he
can contact the Superintendent by radio. The Superintendent will make periodic jobsite inspections. Please notify him if
you want to be onsite during these inspections.

3. Utility Requirements: We will be using water to clean the surfaces. Our crews will access exterior connections as
needed. We will be using generators for electricity so we will not need access for electricity.

4. Access/Exterior Protection:

a. We suggest that vehicles that need to be used between 7:00 AM and 5:30 PM be parked outside of the garages during
construction as the garage doors may be blocked by ladders for access to specific areas.

b. We will provide reasonable protection of your driveway from oils or fluids from our vehicles and material preparation.
Any damages by our employees will be corrected in a timely manner.

c. All items must be completely removed from the deck surface and walls prior to the start date listed above and
throughout construction. Access to decks during application and cure time is prohibited. We will clean up all debris on a
daily basis.

5. Safety: Our crew is trained to follow the current OSHA guidelines to protect them and you from injury. Please use
caution while entering and exiting your home during construction.

6. Management Group:

Construction Manager: Danielle Munn Cell number: 925.519.1761 e-mail: danielle@peachtreecas.com

Superintendent: Jim Brown Cell number: 510.772.6474 e-mail: jimb@stateroofingsystems.com

Foreman: Jose Perez Cell number: 510.772.3499

Project Manager: Keith Symons Office: 510.317.1477 e-mail: ks@stateroofingsystems.com
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Deck Refinishing - building 450 Empty DECK RESTORATION PROJECT ????

Post  Dave Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:44 pm

Tom,
Is this for every deck or just BLDG 450? I don't see anything official from the Peachtree, will we be getting a letter that explains all of this? Can we get a better est. on when they will be doing each building?
thank Dave

Dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:55 pm

Hi Dave,

Eventually every deck in all buildings will be refinished. So the general notice does apply to everyone except for the schedule. As soon as I get the full project plan with timeline, I will publish it. This way, residents will have a longer lead time to plan around the work. I'll create a separate thread per building to capture any building specific information and gather any issues.

We should of had all these details earlier but our account manager is out due to an emergency and it fell through the cracks.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dwong Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:28 pm

Admin wrote:
. . .So the general notice does apply to everyone except for the schedule. As soon as I get the full project plan with timeline, I will publish it.

Hi Tom,

I was just wondering if you have an update on this. I live in Building 460, and will actually be out of town from the 21st-29th, so if we're up next on the schedule, I should probably get my deck swept up and cleared of furniture before I leave. Smile

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Derek.

dwong

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:32 pm

Hi Derek,

I'm writing this with my blackberry so I'm not sure if it will work.

Peachtree sent me something today so as soon as I get home I'll post it.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dwong Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:39 pm

Heh, no worries Smile

Thanks for the prompt reply.

d.

dwong

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:43 pm

Gotha love technology. I'm boarding my flight so expect an answer around 9pm.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:48 am

OK, here is the order.

1. Building 450 now
2. 455 and 465
3. 460
4. 470
5. 475
6. 445
7. 435
8. 410
9. 420
10. 425
11. 430
12. 440

I know this doesn't tell you when but it will probably take a couple of weeks per building minimum. As one building comes close to completion we will be able to provide a more accurate estimate on the start date of the next building with at least a one week notice.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dwong Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:54 pm

Ok, looks like I'll be around by the time they get to 460. . .

Thanks again for the info.

d.

dwong

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down