Villagio
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Intercom/Doorbell repair

3 posters

Go down

Intercom/Doorbell repair Empty Intercom/Doorbell repair

Post  Mike Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:13 pm

We are new owners in Building 435 and my intercom/doorbell system does not work. The electrician I hired diagnosed a bad component on the outdoor half of the system and discovered from the manufacturer that the model is no longer supported and therefore a replacement part is not available. One solutions is to replace the complete outdoor intercom/doorbell unit with a newer model but this would result in my intercom/doorbell having a different appearance from all of the others. When visitors come or a delivery is made the visitor typically tries my doorbell and when no one answers he/she rings my neighbor's doorbell thus disturbing them. Does Peachtree maintain replacement parts for this system? If not, any suggestions?

Mike

Back to top Go down

Intercom/Doorbell repair Empty Re: Intercom/Door bell

Post  trebor Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:12 pm

I would call Peachtree directly.
trebor
trebor

Back to top Go down

Intercom/Doorbell repair Empty Re: Intercom/Doorbell repair

Post  Mike Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:04 pm

Ok, thanks I will give them a call.

Mike

Back to top Go down

Post  ghp95134 Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:34 am

Please let us know what you find out. Mine is also inop and I'd like to get it fixed.

--ghp95134

ghp95134

Back to top Go down

Intercom/Doorbell repair Empty Progress report on Intercom/Doorbell

Post  Mike Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:12 pm

Peachtree provided this response to my question about the intercom/doorbell:

"Thanks for your email, you can try Statcomm, Inc they are familiar with the system, the Association doesn't maintain the door bells or intercoms. The contact number is 650-988-9508"

I spoke to Statcomm, Inc and they work mostly on telephony based phone and intercom systems. The supervisor I spoke to didn't seem to think Statcomm had extensive experience with our system. But he told me they could come out and take a look with rates of $60 for the visit to Villagio and then $100 per hour billed at 1/4 hour increments.

Since I've already paid to diagnose the problem what I need is a replacement part for this intercom/doorbell system. I will continue to research and if I resolve I will report back.

Mike

Mike

Back to top Go down

Intercom/Doorbell repair Empty Re: Intercom/Door bell

Post  trebor Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:17 pm

Finding parts for a 16 -18 year old intercom system may be very difficult. You may have to buy a new one that does not match the original in appearance. All you can do is the best you can. In my walks around the complex I know that some intercoms have been replaced. If I recall building 460 has at least one.
trebor
trebor

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down