Villagio
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Carpet update

4 posters

Go down

Carpet update Empty Carpet update

Post  Admin Wed May 18, 2011 12:00 am

Hi,

An update for those that care about the common hallway carpets. We installed two samples a few weeks ago to see how the colors match and how the patterns and cut hold up to wear. The plan is to have a couple of days and times for homeowners to stop by and give their input into the styles.

I'm trying to make arrangements and will announce the days/times here but assume it will be in the next 30 days.

Cheers!
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://villagiohoa.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Carpet update Empty carpet

Post  mickyni Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:37 am

Do we have other carpet choice than the one in building 410 or 475. Since the carpet color and pattern will make entire hallway very dark compare to current one.

Can we choose the color that will bright it up the hallway as current one ? Maybe a carpet with one simple color tone without pattern ? or pattern with nuture color that match the paint in hallway ? Normally too many color in one space causes the area to look visually busy... less is more .

Thanks for your effort .

mickyni

Back to top Go down

Carpet update Empty Re: Carpet update

Post  Admin Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:51 am

Hi,

So first let me say that I appreciate the feedback and even if we disagree I'm willing to discuss. Personally I think the hallways are already bright since the walls are basically white. Two, since the floors get a lot of abuse plus the pods are black, I believe a dark color with a pattern works better at hiding the dirt and stains. Third, a contrasting tone for me looks better. I think one of the mistakes we made was to buy the new pool furniture in a very similiar color. It just looks so bland. A color that would have a nice contrast that compliments the others is preferable in my opinion.

That being said, I'm one of five board members so they may have other opinions.

Take care,
Tom
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  wazotinker Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:24 pm

Hi Tom,

You have an interesting point there with the dark color pattern being able to take more abuse/foot traffic. The demo by itself looks nice -- but I'm more concerned with when the entire stairway is applied. Is it possible to do a few steps so that people can get a feeling of what it looks like with the stairs?

If the pattern applied to stairs looks overwhelming, how about choosing a dark solid color? Thanks!
wazotinker
wazotinker

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:36 am

Hi,

My understanding from previous conversations with Peachtree and the rest of the board is that we need to make a decision with the sample sizes provided. In fact, the vendor expected us to make a decision without any installed samples. We had to pay to get the samples we already have.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Carpet update Empty carpet

Post  jloui Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:34 pm

Is today the carpet viewing day? Someone took down the flyers by our mailboxes and I can't seem to remember.

Thanks,
Janice

jloui

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:14 pm

Yes it is. Peachtree is the one organizing this so I may not be around. There is also a board meeting tonight, so residents can give their input. At that point the board MAY make a decision.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down