Villagio
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

City Notice to Cut 28 Mature Trees

3 posters

Go down

City Notice to Cut 28 Mature Trees Empty City Notice to Cut 28 Mature Trees

Post  nunu Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:16 pm

I just noticed a new sign along river oak pkwy that city has received application to cut 28 mature trees along Parkside. How can we vote against this application? Those mature pines are really part of our community's treasure. I don't want to see it go.

Does anyone have insight into this?

nunu

nunu

Back to top Go down

City Notice to Cut 28 Mature Trees Empty Re: City Notice to Cut 28 Mature Trees

Post  Admin Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:53 pm

Contact this organization. I would imagine they are aware of it and would want to do something.

http://www.ro-na.org/projects.html
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://villagiohoa.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  lolke Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:01 pm

From a thread on the northsanjose list. this is a message from Jim Foran:

I’m a member of the Parkside Homeowner Board. The tree removals have been well advertised in the HOA newsletter which accompanies the monthly bill. They are all on complex property. Some trees are in poor health some are safety issues others are just too densely spaced. Many of the trees being removed are “Canary Island Pines”. This tree is typical of those planted by developers who want trees that grow as fast as possible regardless of the tree’s appropriateness or maintenance costs down the road. This tree in particular uses vast amounts of water which we all pay for. It then produces vast amounts of litter which we all pay to have picked up and hauled away. They have grown very tall and are now depositing significant amounts of litter on roofs causing clogged gutters and wood rot. In most cases they were also planted too close together so that they would present a “finished “appearance to the complex for the developer. They consequently over shade many areas preventing wood, lawns etc. from drying out between storms.

All trees will eventually fall over. It is better and cheaper to remove large trees before they cause significant damage to lives and property. It should result in a substantial improvement in the appearance of the complex.

This will need to be repeated as only a small percentage of the large trees are being removed. Questions about specific trees should be directed to the Parkside Board directly.

lolke

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down