Anyone have any mosquito issues?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Anyone have any mosquito issues?

Post  sswillow on Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:24 am

I've been battling mosquitoes getting into my house (have determined some bad windows exist). I wanted to know if anyone else has had any issues with mosquitoes? I've had the city out here to investigate, it's really that bad for me. He could not find any standing water in the immediate area, but I'm still suspicious there is something hidden on someone's patio I can't see. The only thing he noted was that Elan's air conditioning units have a lot of standing water and mosquitoes breeding. I can't believe that the mosquitoes would travel all the way to my house just to bite me. Any ideas would be welcome!

sswillow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone have any mosquito issues?

Post  Carolyn on Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:35 pm

This might be different than your situation but just for your reference.

A friend of mine renting in Villagio mentioned she got some bugs at home. Her landlord said it's from bathroom. I wonder if those bugs are from the duct system or vent. Did the city staff check there?

Carolyn at 470

Carolyn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sswillow on Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:05 pm

I had a duct/vent person come out for a quote and he said it was highly unlikely mosquitoes would be in there. They need standing water. He said they've seen flies in ducts, but not mosquitoes. I called an exterminator and they said it was also very odd to be having mosquitoes in my house. The particular exterminator I spoke with didn't sound like they had experience dealing with them so I did not set up an inspection. I have a call into Bug Busters, but haven't heard back. We are going through all kinds of scenarios like is the refrigerator leaking or shower? Haven't found anything yet!!!

sswillow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  EH on Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:00 pm

I was bitten by mosquito last night in the living room. I was wondering if it 's from the construction site at the former location of SONY.

EH

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top