Villagio
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mounting flat screen tv in 1 1/2 bath unit

2 posters

Go down

Mounting flat screen tv in 1 1/2 bath unit Empty Mounting flat screen tv in 1 1/2 bath unit

Post  sswillow Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:18 am

Hi,
Wonder if there's anyone out there that has one of the 1 1/2 bath townhouse units or another unit that has a fireplace and a square hole in the wall above the fireplace who has mounted a flat screen on that wall? Would like to know how you did it! Currently have a tv in another corner of the room, but would love to use that wall.
Thanks,
Sandra

sswillow

Back to top Go down

Mounting flat screen tv in 1 1/2 bath unit Empty Re: Mounting flat screen tv in 1 1/2 bath unit

Post  SteveG Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:16 pm

Sorry for the delayed response, but I had a flat screen mounted to the wall above the fireplace (have taken down). You just need to find the studs in the wall and mount to the studs. I had an articulating arm type mount (32" TV) so it just screwed to one stud (2 vertical screws). If you are mounting a large TV, you will probably need to mount to 2 different studs (it depends on the type of mount though). I believe our units were built with studs 16" on center, but you'll want to get a stud finder to find exact measurements. Above the fireplace could be a bit different. Also, there are plenty of webpages/warnings about installing TVs above the fireplace, so check them out.

-Steve

SteveG

Back to top Go down