Villagio
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Painting update and final inspection

5 posters

Go down

Painting update and final inspection Empty Painting update and final inspection

Post  Admin Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:17 pm

Hi everyone!

As you can see the painters are nearly complete with a few minor exceptions. Overall, I think it's gone fairly well. Things can always be better but considering the scope of this project it's been relatively painless.

The plan is to do a final inspection with the painters to catch any issues or trouble spots before we make the final payment. Therefore, I ask that if any of you see any issues, to please bring it to my attention.

thanks!
Tom

PS - I don't have a date for the final inspection yet but it will probably happen within the next couple of weeks.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://villagiohoa.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Painting update and final inspection Empty Re: Painting update and final inspection

Post  Dave Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:59 pm

Just three questions.
1) There are several light fixtures that were removed during the process and were never reinstall correctly. There are bulbs hanging down, there are bezels that are not in place and our light above the mailbox is not flush with the wall. This will cause issues when it starts raining.
2) You told us a while back that the inside of the hallways would be painted at end of the project? When is this going to happen?
3) When is the carpet going to be replaced in the common hallways too? ( sorry a little off topic)

By the way, the paint job looks good! The BOD made some good choises of colors.

Dave
440 Navaro Pl.

Dave

Back to top Go down

Painting update and final inspection Empty Re: Painting update and final inspection

Post  Admin Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:36 pm

Hi Dave,

1. Is this by your building or somewhere else? Let me know where, so we can address it.
2. There are several projects that the HOA needs to make decisions on. In the last meeting we were trying to prioritize them. Painting the common hallways was one of them but it wasn't #1 on the list. So the short answer is, "yes, the hallways will be painted but we don't have a start date yet. We need to get bids and discuss colors (oh no)".
3. The same applies for carpets. I think we do the carpets after the common hallways get painted.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:46 pm

I can you speak for my building, 440 Navaro Pl. If you have them look at the flood lamps in front of the garage for units 101, 115 and 120, you will find these are all hanging down. Please have them look at the light above the mailboxes too, they have only screwed it in part way. I would guess that the other buildings are having the same types of issues. And before you ask, none of these lights were like this prior to painting.

thanks again
Dave
440 Navaro Pl.

Dave

Back to top Go down

Post  jfai Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:56 pm

The light fixture at the front door of unit 108, 435 Milan, is hanging from the wall only held up by the electrical wires. The fixture needs to be screwed to the wall and the caulking needs to be replaced.

jfai

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:10 pm

thanks!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  apogee Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:31 pm

I live in 435 and noticed that the inner part of the railing which is facing my window is missing paint. I would appreciate it if you to bring it to the attention of the painters.

Thanks
RS

apogee

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:42 pm

apogee wrote:I live in 435 and noticed that the inner part of the railing which is facing my window is missing paint. I would appreciate it if you to bring it to the attention of the painters.

Thanks
RS

What unit? Which window?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  apogee Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:48 pm

Admin wrote:
apogee wrote:I live in 435 and noticed that the inner part of the railing which is facing my window is missing paint. I would appreciate it if you to bring it to the attention of the painters.

Thanks
RS

What unit? Which window?

Unit 116. The window which faces the courtyard. The railing is missing paint when u look at it from inside the unit.

apogee

Back to top Go down

Painting update and final inspection Empty light fixture in patio - not painted

Post  titobins Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:23 pm

not sure if the painters were supposed to paint the light fixture in our patio's? mine has not been painted. please let me know if i need to contact someone to have it painted, in case it was missed.

thanks!

titobins

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:03 am

titobins wrote:not sure if the painters were supposed to paint the light fixture in our patio's? mine has not been painted. please let me know if i need to contact someone to have it painted, in case it was missed.

thanks!

No they were not. We're still deciding between painting the old ones and replacing them with new lights that would never get painted.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:22 am

It looks like our walk through with the painters is this Friday. Please add any other items to this thread so they can be addressed.

Thanks!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down