Villagio
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VTA Shuttle

2 posters

Go down

VTA  Shuttle Empty VTA Shuttle

Post  trebor Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:04 pm

Does Villagio HOA contribute to funding the VTA Shuttle? See Below:
(Note: In the current economic times those using the shuttle should be paying not the whole HOA. My experience is that the shuttle is under utilized and ridership appears extremely low. If we contribute to the funding I vote no and would rather see a voucher system for riders who want it.)

I know that there are dollars in the Galleria budget for support of the shuttle. I also have noticed that one or more of these drivers is awful! They go too fast over the speed bumps and drive as if there was a race. I have been tempted to call and complain.

Yes, the city cited the shuttle as part of the plan to develop this area because it is considered too far from the light rail for walking. So they used the shuttle to justify the development in our block.

I personally don't care if it stays or goes. I see very few people using it.

To: northsanjose@ yahoogroups. com
Sent: Tuesday, August 11, 2009 9:35:16 PM
Subject: [northsanjose] VTA Proposes Stopping the River Oaks Shuttle Service

The VTA has proposed discontinuing the River Oaks Shuttle as of January 11, 2010.

See the details at this website - http://www.vta. org/servicereduc tions/

There will be several public meetings to discuss this and other transit reductions.
The closest meeting to us, and the one I will be going to, is at the following location:

Milpitas

Thursday, August 13, 2009 at 7:00 p.m.
Milpitas Public Library, Room A

There are at least two significant issues I have with this proposal

1 - There was an assumption by the city that the shuttle would support the new high density development in our area

2 - I believe some of our homeowner dues are used to pay for the shuttle

If you have an interest in keeping the shuttle going, please support the effort to keep it by showing up and letting the VTA know
If you personally depend on the shuttle, telling the VTA would be particularly helpfull.

Thanks

Mike Bertram

Vice President River

Oaks Neighborhood Association
trebor
trebor

Back to top Go down

VTA  Shuttle Empty Re: VTA Shuttle

Post  Admin Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:50 am

The Villagio HOA does contribute towards the shuttle. I heard about this proposal and would be in favor of it. The shuttle seems very underutilized and is quite expensive. I hardly see anyone use it and it doesn't seem to justify the costs.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://villagiohoa.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down