Information for refinancing

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Information for refinancing

Post  Admin on Wed May 20, 2009 12:39 pm

I'm posting this for Bob (homeowner) who wants to bring this to everyone's attention. Bob will chime in with the details.

building #475
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://villagiohoa.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Information For Refinancing

Post  trebor on Wed May 20, 2009 1:15 pm

I recently financed through Meriwest Mortgage and the lender required information from Peachtree. The forms posted is the documentation necessary for the loan approval. One page is provided by Meriwest and the other four (Lender's Questionnaire) was provided by Peachtree. Lender has it's questionnaire but Peachtree stated that they will only use their own. Please note that in the small rectangular box at the bottom of each page of Peachtree's form it states that this service is provided as a courtesy to mortgage lenders and real estate professionals.

Peachtree charged the lender $305 for this very basic information, which of course I had to pay as part of my closing costs. I brought this issue to the Annual HOA meeting last week. In comparison I was charged $485 for a full title search. How can Peachtree justify this excessive fee? Especially when their own form states the information is provided as a courtesy. I have asked for the HOA Board to intervene. The basic information should be readily available as part of Peachtree's daily operations and I contend should be provided either at no cost or a very small cost. Peachtree should not be allowed to charge these excessive fees and if necessary we need to have the CC&Rs to state that this information or similar information is covered under the services provided by Peachtree.
trebor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Information for refinancing

Post  Annie on Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:28 pm

Thank you for bringing this up and posting the form. I am in the process of refinancing too. Did you get any updates on this fee?

Annie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Annie on Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:07 pm

Thank you so much Bob and Tom for posting this form. I just refinanced with Citibank and I was actually able to save this very form that you provided, the "Peachtree Lender questionnaire" (not the Meriwest one) and the lender accepted it for their condo questions. I did not need to get anything directly from Peachtree. Others refinancing may want to ask the lender if they would accept that too.

I also called Peachtree when I was in the process. I forget the exact amounts but they told me they charge almost $200 for providing their own standard questionnaire and over $300 if they need to fill out one that is lender specific.

These amounts do seem exorbitant, especially for their own questionnaire which they obviously already have pre-filled and just add the unit's address. Also as Bob pointed out the form does say it is provided as a courtesy.

Any news on having Peachtree charge a more reasonable fee for filling out custom forms and providing the generic one free of charge?

Annie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:04 am

I don't believe that Peachtree has made any concessions at this point.
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://villagiohoa.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  spechers on Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:29 pm

Hi All,

I am in the process of refinancing my unit and I wish I looked up the forum before I placed my order for this document. I agree with everyone that it is ridiculous to charge $130 for 4 pages that should be available online for free or at a much lower price (for example, $20). On the same note, my lender is asking me to provide CC&Rs and the Articles of Incorporation & Bylaws. Any idea where I can get those?

You help is much appreciated.

Cheers,
Sergiy

Navaro 430

spechers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Information for Refinancing - ASAP

Post  trebor on Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:00 pm

Does anyone have recent Peachtree info that lenders require? I posted it here two years ago and I am now doing another re-fi.
Time is of the essence! If you do please send me a private message and I will give you my email address. Thanks.
trebor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top